Question for Toyo R888 users

wickedcobra99

Established Member
I have searched and read ton of threads on people about tire fitment, etc but I have only found bits and pieces about what I want to know so I figured I would ask the guys who actually use these tires.

I am dead set on getting a pair of Toyo Proxes R888's 315 35R17 and I am also planning on buying 10.5 in Cobra Reps with the 27 mm offset and 6.8 in backspacing. I know to grind down the IRS bolt but I have seen mixed responses about needing spacers and not needing spacers at all.

I know these tires run wide and my fenders are not rolled and I would like to keep it that way if possible so I was wondering what the guys with similar setups have done to get these to fit properly. Would I be better of getting the deep dish with 20 mm offset and 6.5 in backspacing if I didn't want to use spacers?

Note: I am lowered on HR springs with both ISO's in if it makes any difference.

Thanks for the input!

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
I know are cars are a little different but I just bought some R888's 305/35/18 on a 10 inch rim and they barely rub non rolled fenders but on 17's you might be ok.

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Roll then fenders or destroy the tires. Had 315 kuhmos on 17's and they rubbed, and Toyos are wider

PC03GT

Established Member
I think you'll be ok. There's a bunch of pics of 315 r888s on cobras. It's going to look sick those tires have some nasty tread on them.

Last edited:

ForgedSnake

I have TF 18x10.5 315/30/18 r888
With cut springs and no rubbing anywhere
I did shave down IRS bolt but after I did I realized I didn't need to

CtSvt

Established Member
I have 18x11 rears with 305/35 18 , lowered on race springs with all isolators , 20mm offset , 6.29 backspacing iirc . Alittle contact on the irs subframe when the weights off of it , but other than that the fenders don't need to be rolled

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
got the 315's on afs rep 18's. they rub bad, non rolled fenders on Eibach's no iso's. however this is on a straight axle if there is a difference..

Users who are viewing this thread