question for you Auto 5.0 guys out there..

nordy racer

Established Member
So i ran the car at Cecil Dragway last night on their opening night. My best time before was 12.2 at 113 around Sept of last year.. i havent added anything else to the car but i picked up a lot of MPH.

Car has Tune, CAI, H pipe, GT500 muffs, 373 gears, RTS rims with Micky DR's on the back. i do have a Sub box in the back with two amps so i think thats about 75lbs. the car is lower by 2 1/2 inches so i have UPR uppers and lowers WITHOUT the relco kit so my 60's where just OK.

i did 6 to 7 runs with all being in the 12.19's at 115 to 116.

my BEST was a 12.05 at 116.8mph with a 1.89 60ft

So my question is, what is everyone else running with their autos with about the same add ons..

thanks guys,
Mike

DIB5.0

Established Member
With those mods you should be in the 11's especially at Cecil.Seen a kid with tune and DR's run a 11.81 @ 118 there with just tune and DR's. I ran 12.09 @ 118 with just tune and DR's with a 1.93 60. Wonder if its the gears or the CAI on the auto hurting you.

Last edited:

grabber blue gt

Established Member
Maybe the 3.73s are hurting you like everyone says? I never believed it, but could that extra shift into 4th right before the line be hurting you?

nordy racer

Established Member
she did shift into 4th each and every time. all runs i just left in D with the sport mode button left off..

i'm not done yet on the car looking at long tubes and then either spray or a roots blower.. dont really want to get the gears changed back so what you guys think on the major power mods, which one is best for the 373 gears?? Spray or blower???

scotmach

Established Member
she did shift into 4th each and every time. all runs i just left in D with the sport mode button left off..

i'm not done yet on the car looking at long tubes and then either spray or a roots blower.. dont really want to get the gears changed back so what you guys think on the major power mods, which one is best for the 373 gears?? Spray or blower???
Did you have a plan in place when you changed gears? For a blower the Roush with the auto is a great combo. But not with 3.73's.

nordy racer

Established Member
Did you have a plan in place when you changed gears? For a blower the Roush with the auto is a great combo. But not with 3.73's.

you know, over the winter months i let the car set so i didnt get the bug to purchase parts, but now after running her i have the bug again lol.. i would love to get a TVS blower and call it a day (also a convertor) but i want to get another BOAT over the summer/fall and that 6K is a nice down payment. So a $800 NOS kit is looking alot better to get the E.T. bug off my back..

Snakenhorse

new svt poster
Established Member
I have the same mods as you except for an all stock exhaust. I went 11.88@117 already with my auto on a 100oct. tune.

It seems to me that your carrying unecessary weight with the subwoofer and other things.

Do the weight reduction mods and it will get you even faster times than mine did.

o2gt

Established Member
So i ran the car at Cecil Dragway last night on their opening night. My best time before was 12.2 at 113 around Sept of last year.. i havent added anything else to the car but i picked up a lot of MPH.

Car has Tune, CAI, H pipe, GT500 muffs, 373 gears, RTS rims with Micky DR's on the back. i do have a Sub box in the back with two amps so i think thats about 75lbs. the car is lower by 2 1/2 inches so i have UPR uppers and lowers WITHOUT the relco kit so my 60's where just OK.

i did 6 to 7 runs with all being in the 12.19's at 115 to 116.

my BEST was a 12.05 at 116.8mph with a 1.89 60ft

So my question is, what is everyone else running with their autos with about the same add ons..

thanks guys,
Mike

How do you like the 3.73 on the street? it looks like they may have slowed you down at the track because of the extra shift like the others have said.

casper gt

Established Member
the gears aren't hurting you (4.10/4.30 on a stock converter car with d/r's is a better choice though, you'll go thru at around 7100 in 4th rather than the 6500 or so your seeing now), from your numbers you posted, it looks like your tune needs some work.

you'll find alot of gear haters here but the fact of the matter is unless you have a converter, you'll need gears to see much faster the the mid 11.80's posted by some tire & tune only guys in way negative d/a (the d/a at cecil last night was -600 ish btw)

get with your tuner & you'll be fine.

for all the gear haters, heres something that should really stir you up, stock canverter, stock intake, stock airbox & 4.10's

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/time-slip-bar-42/918038-new-personal-best.html

Last edited:

nordy racer

Established Member
that dude's time you posted on that link is nuts.. how can you get a 11.4's with only a tune and tires .. 410 gears cant pull all that weight..

nordy racer

Established Member
How do you like the 3.73 on the street? it looks like they may have slowed you down at the track because of the extra shift like the others have said.

you know i cant complain about the gears on the street. with the 6 speed you cant even tell taht much.. i drove the car on a trip about 3 weeks ago for 250 miles one way and still got 25mpg..

casper gt

Established Member
that dude's time you posted on that link is nuts.. how can you get a 11.4's with only a tune and tires .. 410 gears cant pull all that weight..

the car has a bit more than tune & tire, it has exhuast, susp & gears

11.4x is uncorrected to be fair, he makes mention of it in the thread.

it corrects to an 11.6x but the fact remains that I know both Thad (the owner of the car in question) & Shaun (tuner in question) both personally & the car & times are legit, as Thad suggested in the et thread, call AED
& ask Shaun about the cars mods.

low 11.60's & into the high 11.50's are becoming quite common for 4.10 stock convertr cars this winter into spring, another member on here did the same low 11.60 in texas today also with a stock converter & 4.10's

Users who are viewing this thread