Question for Zaino Users

Dan12GT

Established Member
I am kind of new to using Zaino. I started using it about 6 months ago. I followed the instructions intuitively for doing the proper application of the compounding polish. The results were stunning for sure.

The Z6 is designed for quick detailing between car washes. So my question is since the polish lasts so long, is their other Zaino products you guys might use between the polishing compounds? The Z6 is great and brings back the shine I just kind of feel like I should be applying something more than just a detail spray between every wash until I am ready for the compounding again.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I do a coat of z5 and a coat of z2, in that order, 2x a year. Just wash with their car wash and use z6 detail after each wash. It'll be fine and that's really all you need. If you want a little more pop and protection, and pick up some of their Grand Finale detail spray. It's expensive, but adds more mirror and protection.

Dan12GT

Established Member
I'll have to try out the z8. I've been all together rethinking my detailing methods. However with a brand new car and new finish I have been taking extra good care of it since day 1. I don't think I need anything intense like an abrasive compound / buffer just yet.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
that's the beauty of Zaino, its a sealant that is supposed to keep the car clean. You shouldn't need to do anything in between car washes. I do find that Z8 works well though

I actually top my car with a carnuba once or twice a year to enhance the gloss of Zaino even more

Spade

Established Member
I'll have to try out the z8. I've been all together rethinking my detailing methods. However with a brand new car and new finish I have been taking extra good care of it since day 1. I don't think I need anything intense like an abrasive compound / buffer just yet.

Just throw a clay bar to the new car and have at it with the big Z. Yes Z-8 is awesome.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Finally someone mentioned a clay bar. This is an absolute must as Step #1 (after you strip off the existing wax) when you are detailing your paint. I used to do a complete paint detailing (including a clay bar treatment) 2-3 times a year. My DSG paint was always (and literally) as smooth as glass. When I sold the car, the paint looked and felt like showroom new. Actually better than showroom new.

Users who are viewing this thread