question on boost overlay install...

Power Trip

Established Member
Im trying to get the needle lined back up.. Now, i didnt pay attention to this before so this i why i ask now. When the car is OFF, where does the needle lay? At 0, or that 3/16 of an inch below 0? Then when the car starts it goes up to zero?

Thanks for the help with the stupid Q lol

PARALYZER

Unatural Aspirations
Established Member
Your best bet is to use another boost gauge, T it off and apply small amount of psi and match the needle on the cobra gauge to match whats on the other gauge. I have a extra boost gauge laying around, so it wont be hard when i do it once it warms up.

03yellow

Established Member
Put the needle on "0" and move it up with yor finger and let it fall back down several times. Place your guage cluster back in your dash with the front off and drive around hitting the boost and adjusting the needle if needed. As you push the needle further down on the pin it will move down:play with it for awhile till you get it zeroed out.

Its kind of dumb to adjust the guage with another guage, if you do, your needle will not rest on "0" when idle. You can check your guage with another guage to see how far it is off but I would not set it to the other guage; otherwise your needle will be resting off "0" which is 99% of the time you drive your car!

Does this make sense?

Rwick7

Established Member
Just put it in the middle of zero...make sure you don't push it on too far it'll stick if you do.

mj8

Established Member
middle of the black line that reads 0 there should be an equal amount of black space on each side

Users who are viewing this thread