Question on lower control arm

2la8iwon

Established Member
My car got hit as you can see in my signature. well to make a long story short, i need a new lower control arm and ford stop making it. they dont currently have a manafacturer to make these. so anyway i was looking to get some afteer market one's and the only company i found to have this is kenny brown which the plant is shut down until later this year, so they arent making anything. so what should I do. Is there another company that makes a lower control arm for the IRS.
thanks John

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
gollly. they're required by law to have parts available for at least 10 years.

i have a full set listed in the classifieds, and other irs stuff too. pm me with what you need (if the arm is junk the toe link rod probably is too and maybe even the knuckle)

2la8iwon

Established Member
I dont know about the toe link rod and the knuckle. The guy at the body shop told me he needed a lower control arm for the left back side.
btw how much do you want for the set of control arms

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
Who told you they were discontinued? If it was the body shop, they might just not want to do the work and are hoping the car will go somewhere else.

2la8iwon

Established Member
UltimateSVT said:
Who told you they were discontinued? If it was the body shop, they might just not want to do the work and are hoping the car will go somewhere else.
2 ford dealers, they said they can get lower control arm for a 2002 but they think there is a difference but they dont know what it is. I also talked to a dealer myself and he said that ford doesnt have a manufacter for the lower control arms anymore, who ever was making them for ford lost there contract with ford in 2002. anyway i think i have it covered , I am going to buy a set that is used.
thanks

Cobra-R

Established Member
2la8iwon said:
2 ford dealers, they said they can get lower control arm for a 2002 but they think there is a difference but they dont know what it is. I also talked to a dealer myself and he said that ford doesnt have a manufacter for the lower control arms anymore, who ever was making them for ford lost there contract with ford in 2002. anyway i think i have it covered , I am going to buy a set that is used.
thanks

That tells you the caliber of Ford dealer you are dealing with since there isn't a 02 IRS Mustang.

Brian

Cobra-R

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
there is, just not in usa.

Ok. I stand corrected. I assumed 2la8iwon wasn't calling Ford dealers in australia, but apparently he was. :shrug:

Btw, the " australian 02's" were 01 spec cars, not 03 cars.

Brian

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Something is fishy here. By federal law thay have to provide replacement parts for 5 years after the product is discontinued (2009).

If you took the car to a Ford dealer to get that fixed what are they going to tell you?......junk your two year old car we sold you.

sue the bastard!

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
national backorder is national backorder. i would also press for a new part, but if you want to get going NOW, I have that arm we discussed in the pm. dont like the terms? make a counteroffer :D

brian please dont think im tryin to bust your chops. im just sayin why there's a cobra listed for 02 model year in the global parts supply when none were sold in usa.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread