Question on painting Eaton

Nightmare

I plan on painting my ported eaton black when it comes back. I'v painted plenty of stuff befor (interior parts, engine blocks, ect.) but im wondering if you guyes think painting over the it without stripping off any of the stock paint would be ok. I dont want it to flake off with or anything. I think a couple coats should hold up just fine..but i could be wrong...

Juiced-03

Established Member
I think you will be ok if you use a few coats of Dupli-Color engine enamel (gloss black!). I used this on my calipers and it looks great. I also used it on my spark plug covers without stripping the paint and it is holding up just fine. Just be SURE to let it cure for a day because this paint does take a while to dry. Also be very careful when installing the blower because the paint may be prone to chipping. If you are careful during the installation and allow the paint to cure, you will have no issues that I can see!

I plan on doing the same thing when I get mine!

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Hmmm i wonder how it would look black. I was thinking about powder coating some parts under the hood black, maybe i will have to paint the blower while im at it :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Maybe a silly question, but would black paint end up creating more heat vs. a lighter color? Are the stock blowers painted silver for a reason? Then again, aftermarket superchargers are painted black. Just curious.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
CobraBob said:
Maybe a silly question, but would black paint end up creating more heat vs. a lighter color? Are the stock blowers painted silver for a reason? Then again, aftermarket superchargers are painted black. Just curious.

Bob, unless you have a hole in your hood with the sun shining down on the blower, the color won't make a difference.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Just paint it satin like the Whipple. One tip just to be sure...Get some rough/fine/ultra fine steel wool ans start with the rough stuff and go over the whole thing. It will not take long to do it. That will help to insure a good bond. Then take some water on a rag...no soap!.. and clean it up. Then do a light bonding primer coat and about 3 very light coats of black. Add more coats if needed. Ask anyone on the SN95 forums about me and they will tell you to listen to my advice. Another good idea. If you can find black ceramic paint go with that. It may help keep some heat out.

Jeff

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
badcobra said:
Bob, unless you have a hole in your hood with the sun shining down on the blower, the color won't make a difference.

LOL.... :pepper:

rACeRs

Established Member
Here is how it looks with satin paint. And I didnt strip the old paint off. I havent had any problems with flaking. :rockon:

normal_goodmotor.JPG

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Here is what it looks like with 3 coats of Duplicolor engine enamel in gloss black. No special preperation either...

blower1.jpg

blower2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread