Question re: Ford Racing IRS Cover

MVM

Established Member
For anyone who has bought this cover:

Are the bolt holes on the cover itself, threaded?

I was looking at my current cover and the holes in the cover are threaded, but the threads are too big for the bolts that go through the cover and into the differential/differential housing/pumpkin (whatever you want to call it). I was wondering why these holes would be threaded (did the PO do this?).

I know that there is a fill plug and a rain plug and those holes are threaded in the Ford Racing cover.

I'm asking about the 10 or so holes around the perimeter of the cover.

Thanks,

Mike

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
For anyone who has bought this cover:

Are the bolt holes on the cover itself, threaded?

I was looking at my current cover and the holes in the cover are threaded, but the threads are too big for the bolts that go through the cover and into the differential/differential housing/pumpkin (whatever you want to call it). I was wondering why these holes would be threaded (did the PO do this?).

I know that there is a fill plug and a rain plug and those holes are threaded in the Ford Racing cover.

I'm asking about the 10 or so holes around the perimeter of the cover.

Thanks,

Mike

The Ford Racing cover does NOT have threaded mounting holes in the cover. They are clearance holes for the 5/16"-18 attaching bolts. The housing is tapped.

You may possibly be seeing a witness of the threads in the clearance holes in the cover.

Hope that helps.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread