Question to those of you that ordered a new car.

D.T.R

Established Member
I was just wondering... did you dealership give you updates every now and then as to what's going on with your car and what not? I haven't heard a single word from my dealership and I ordered the car 6 weeks ago. They said it'd take about 6 to 8 weeks, but I was hoping they'd give me a little more info than that.
I had to call the sales man like 5 times just for him to find out that Ford supposedly told them the car should be arriving on or around 08/16 (and I ordered it on 06/07). Everytime i call them, there is a different excuse as to why they don't have an update.

Any input is appreciated.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
When I tell you this, you have to remember that my salesperson is a personal friend, and we are normally out to dinner with both of our wives 2 or 3 times a week. If not for that, my experience would have been exactly like yours.

May 26th, 2013: Ordered the car. Had a build sheet emailed to me with invoicing pricing on the 29th, 3 days later. My friend told me it would take about 8 weeks on average.

Heard nothing for about 2 weeks. I asked my friend if Ford has assigned a VIN or build date to my car. Said he had heard nothing yet, but he would check. About 1 week later he calls me and says the completion date for my car was July 17th, 2013. I still didn't have a VIN, but no worries....wasn't that important. I was told it would be 100% built ready to ship on that day, so I assumed delivery by the end of July.

Heard nothing for 2 more weeks. Get a phone call from my friend on July 10th, one week prior to the expected completion date. He says my car just rolled off the truck into the dealership's parking lot. Wow, 7 days earlier than expected completion date....and 3 weeks earlier than expected delivery.

Since I was out of town on business, I wasn't able to pickup the car until July 16th. I love this darn thing better than I did my 2009 GT500. Had he not been my friend, I likely would have been in the dark as well.

Last edited:

Deranged2013

Established Member
When I ordered My GT, I did get updates on when they started to build the car, when it was finished, when and what vin # it received, ship date, and an ETA. It also took 6 weeks.

D.T.R

Established Member
When I tell you this, you have to remember that my salesperson is a personal friend, and we are normally out to dinner with both of our wives 2 or 3 times a week. If not for that, my experience would have been exactly like yours.

May 26th, 2013: Ordered the car. Had a build sheet emailed to me with invoicing pricing on the 29th, 3 days later. My friend told me it would take about 8 weeks on average.

Heard nothing for about 2 weeks. I asked my friend if Ford has assigned a VIN or build date to my car. Said he had heard nothing yet, but he would check. About 1 week later he calls me and says the completion date for my car was July 17th, 2013. I still didn't have a VIN, but no worries....wasn't that important. I was told it would be 100% built ready to ship on that day, so I assumed delivery by the end of July.

Heard nothing for 2 more weeks. Get a phone call from my friend on July 10th, one week prior to the expected completion date. He says my car just rolled off the truck into the dealership's parking lot. Wow, 7 days earlier than expected completion date....and 3 weeks earlier than expected delivery.

Since I was out of town on business, I wasn't able to pickup the car until July 16th. I love this darn thing better than I did my 2009 GT500. Had he not been my friend, I likely would have been in the dark as well.
Dang... i need a friend like that lol
No such luck for me... oh well, hopefully the car will be here shortly.
When I ordered My GT, I did get updates on when they started to build the car, when it was finished, when and what vin # it received, ship date, and an ETA. It also took 6 weeks.

I'm already past the 6 weeks, and the only update i got was from me blowing up my sales man person's phone... and all they could give me was an ETA of 08/16.
I mean, i'm not trying to be like a little impatient girl, but you'd think they'd have a little better system... IIRC when you order a corvette you can see online the status of your car at any given point and time... something like that would be pretty sweet.

Deespeed99

Established Member
The dealership sucked with this process. PM deysha on any other forum & she'll update you daily.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I got no updates on my sales guy's end. I had to ask him to get an answer, he never told me unless I asked.

I emailed/PM the Ford Service Rep that is on a lot of the Mustang forums. She kept me informed much better than my dealer did. It was great working through her.

D.T.R

Established Member
I guess I'll check with her and see where that gets me.
Her screen name is "Deysha", as said above, right?

Deespeed99

Established Member
No its not deshya. Go to allfordmustangs and there is a thread called 2014 orders. You'll see her in there. PM her your order number & dealership code if you have it.

MNCobra

Established Member
funny and true story...all updates I got from my dealer where from me calling them...on the day it arrived I called them and asked if it was in yet and he said no...after I hung up with him I got an email telling me it HAD arrived...I saw it as a sign....I would think with the volume of cars the dealers are selling, unless you are close friends with your dealer you wont get any updates...I have bought three cars through this same dealer and I have always had to call them for updates...

Nuar

Established Member
after that second car, if i got no updates on it, I would move to a different dealer. If they cant put in the effort for a returning customer, why the hell should they get the customer's money?

kingnut

Established Member
I used deysha ford rep from another forum. She gave me some pretty good info.

macbar13

Established Member
Same for me... I contacted "Deysha" and she updated me on the order status and expected delivery date. After contacting her, I never bothered to call the dealer again, because they always gave me vague responses anyhow.

Doesn't good customer service help get repeat business? This day and age it only takes a minute or two to shoot out an email. If I was a salesperson I would keep my customers informed at least weekly. People are excited about ordering a new car.

Why doesn't ford have a website setup with ordering information? The customer could type in their order # and a password given at the time of the order and keep themselves updated.

Cobra 2997

Established Member
You can PM "Ford Service" (Deysha) on TheMustangSource.com and she will provide more info than your dealer ever will.

Make sure you give her your Order date, Dealer Number, & Order Number. These should all be on your Vehicle Order Confirmation. That's if your dealer gave it to you.....

I ordered my 14 GT on 4/11 and it came in on 6/27.

The Flat Rock Plant is shut down right now for conversion over to Fusion manufacturing and training. Supposed to be back up and running on 7/29.

Last edited:

iceknyght

Established Member
I work for an Auto dealership, so luckily I got updates from our Fleet Manager (who I ordered my car through), but also PM'd Deysha (just in case my guy didn't come through), but my guy got me updates right about the same time as Deysha... :) I think they were almost as excited as I was to order the car (they sell a ton of trucks, and not many Mustangs). I ordered mine on October 5th and I drove it home November 7th!

ZiggyGT

Established Member
only calls i got was when my car started getting built and that's all. I randomly drove past the dealership one day and watched the guy take it off the truck haha

D.T.R

Established Member
I didn't even get any of that information (Order date, Dealer Number, & Order Number) and that royally pi$$es me off, topped off with this sales man lack of effort to do anything about my order/car. Pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread