question

ramstein

Established Member
So I plastidipped the rear diffuser area, which came out great and as a part of some minor weight reduction process I removed the speaker from the trunk. After that I noticed cracking sound every time I turn and sometimes on harder acceleration. I looked at the undercarriage and everything seemed tight and right. I figured it could be coming from plastic panel but can't really pinpoint the problem. This sound drives me crazy. Any suggestions?

ramstein

Established Member
I thought about it, but due to having eibach sportlines the dealer may not do anything plus I wanted to figure it out without letting the car sit at a dealer the whole day.

Zemedici

Established Member
Borderline impossible to diagnose without seeing the vehicle in person and driving / diagnosing it. It's like you cook a steak and ask us how it smells, you know?

Have a dealer check it out. That's what you have a warranty for brotha

ramstein

Established Member
just though might be some known common issues like bushings or something after sportlines..... funny steak joke.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Poping or creaking? Does it sound metallic. Can you create it at will? Do the springs have isolators installe on them?

ramstein

Established Member
not sure on isolators , but it was installed professionally by a great local shop and ordered from lethal. the creak is not metallic, it sounds to me more like panels rubbing. Iv
e had the car lowered about a month and a half ago and the creaking started about 2 weeks

ramstein

Established Member
mostly on a slow left turn or upon acceleration from a stop, and sometimes when breaking....

ramstein

Established Member
Borderline impossible to diagnose without seeing the vehicle in person and driving / diagnosing it. It's like you cook a steak and ask us how it smells, you know?

Have a dealer check it out. That's what you have a warranty for brotha[/QUOTE
it says eibach on the springs pretty clearly. I am definitely going to try a dealer since I know I have warranty now, but just not sure if they will overlook the fact that the car is slightly modded. since time is an issue too, I wanted to try with the help of the forum to try to get it fixed. might try to record it and post here.

ramstein

Established Member
sprayed a hair of wd40 and the issue disappeared. Glad I did not have to pay the dealer 200$. Now I have a different question, this forum is so inactive compare to terminators that I almost want to get back in one just for that reason lol ! So I want shave off weight and get dark star race stars but don't want to drive on skinny fronts every day. what front wheel do u think looks good with race stars? perhaps CF5s?

Users who are viewing this thread