Questions bout my automo-car

Thor24

Established Member
I bought a 01 Cobra recently. It has a vortech v2 suoercharger, comp cams, 4.10 gears, Intercooler, full bassani exhaust, headers, and a Kenne belle boost a pump and a stage three clutch. Fully forged internals. It currently is out f tune and has a misfire. I don't know a lot about cars. I know it looks sick and sounds better. Love the car and I baby it. But how much horsepower do you think this has in the engine/ to the rear wheel? Also what would it run in the 1/4? Just curious to see what it can do.
Thanks

mr.speaker

99 Cobra
Established Member
I bought a 01 Cobra recently. It has a vortech v2 suoercharger, comp cams, 4.10 gears, Intercooler, full bassani exhaust, headers, and a Kenne belle boost a pump and a stage three clutch. Fully forged internals. It currently is out f tune and has a misfire. I don't know a lot about cars. I know it looks sick and sounds better. Love the car and I baby it. But how much horsepower do you think this has in the engine/ to the rear wheel? Also what would it run in the 1/4? Just curious to see what it can do.
Thanks

Take it to a dyno and then take it to the drag strip.

Get it tuned before doing either.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Maybe 450ish at the wheels. Perhaps less since ur tune is off. That and with different internals and cams ur compression might be less than stock depending upon what the builder used. That's my ballpark guess...similar to my cobra.

Last edited:

Adandos

*blatant self promotion*

we have an app for that

http://horsepowercalculators.net/vdyno

In all seriousness though, you shouldn't drive a boosted / highly modified car out of tune ...

First thing I'd do is run engine codes and see all your sensors are ok. Something stupid like a bad sensor could be the cause of tune and missfire issues ...

Then get a tune up

Then get it datalogged

Then get it tuned

Don't go trying to tune around a bad sensor or an electrical issue ...

Thor24

Established Member
Thanks for the numbers. I was told it was around 480 when I got it. Didn't know how accurate it was. But I'm replacing some lines on it here soon and then having it worked on. Like I said I don't know enough to work on it so I'm taking it to a shop for everything. Continuing on with what I said about not knowing much what would be the next mod I should put on this? No money now but just curious to see how much it's gonna cost to get some more power to the wheels

Users who are viewing this thread