Questions on MMR 1000SE Block.

KlugSS

Established Member
So i ordered a short block from MMR and received it. I am planing on going turbo, I will say i WILL NOT see over 1400 Flywheel Hp.

On a local forum, one of the members went to say i picked the wrong short block and he would NOT run it past 1000 flywheel horsepower.

I want to see what you guys think before i continue so i don't make a mistake.

lol all them were new except the block. just face it you bought a shortblock i wouldnt run over 1000hp at the crank.

hate the block

hate the rings (id have gone stainless or gapless top ring with a naper second ring) ring pack i would do is $300

id have done a different version of clevite bearings.

hate the FRPP oil pump (which have a problem in breaking after 600hp)(melling FTW)

hate the rods (for your ORIGINAL goal of 1000whp H-beams arent the way to go, if your only wanting 1000hp at the crank then its no big deal)

hate the wrist pins in pistons

"edit" hate the pistons overall

hate the "mmr" side bolts compared to ARP

Run down of the block:
MMR 4.75 Liter Stroker Mod (1000rwhp) 8.5 Compression
MMR 2500R Pistons notched for 4v
Total Seal file fit rings
Clevite Rod And Main Bearing
MMR 4340 Forged 4.75 Crank w/ micro polished journals
Manley H Beam Rods
ARP Rod 2000 Bolts
APR Mainstud Kit
MMR Side Bolt Kit
Ford Racing HV oil pump

I will say the oil pump is one thing i am planning on upgrading just wasn't sure what way i wanted to go.

slow2v

GONE
Established Member
well its called the 1000 for a reason
i just ordered the 1000 rotating Assembly but upgraded it in everyway possible

if i were you i would have stuck with manley or diamond internals
also, get a triangle speed shop pump

KlugSS

Established Member
well its called the 1000 for a reason
i just ordered the 1000 rotating Assembly but upgraded it in everyway possible

if i were you i would have stuck with manley or diamond internals
also, get a triangle speed shop pump

I stuck with the manley H beams and i do believe the pistons are manleys just to mmr specs.

slow2v

GONE
Established Member
i wouldnt run over 1000hp at the crank. neither would i

hate the FRPP oil pump (which have a problem in breaking after 600hp)(melling FTW) true

hate the rods (for your ORIGINAL goal of 1000whp H-beams arent the way to go, if your only wanting 1000hp at the crank then its no big deal) correct, for 1000whp u should have the i beams

hate the wrist pins in pistons "edit" hate the pistons overall i also wouldnt run mmr's

hate the "mmr" side bolts compared to ARP true again, arp is better

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Read the last page alone. All i see is a bunch of back peddling, edited posts and finger pointing.

I don't having dealing with them personally so I can't say for sure if they are good or bad. Just making sure you saw it. Having all the info in front of you is an advantage. Yes the op went off the deep end but there were others that came forth with other instances. Just be careful. Don't want you to say "why didn't anyone tell me" later on. :beer:

KlugSS

Established Member
I don't having dealing with them personally so I can't say for sure if they are good or bad. Just making sure you saw it. Having all the info in front of you is an advantage. Yes the op went off the deep end but there were others that came forth with other instances. Just be careful. Don't want you to say "why didn't anyone tell me" later on. :beer:

No that's cool. I won't say mmr didn't **** up somewhere down the line on that one. But i know how the whole have a 1000 happy customers won't say a word but the few unhappy ones will tell the world.

cbr repsol

Established Member
u should of opted for the 1500 series engine just to be safe. to run 1000 rwhp the motor would be making somewhere in the lines of 1200 crank hp. not saying it wont hold up but may be a borrowed time kind of thing . also it could void your warranty for running more hp than what its specified for. i would ask them if u can send it back and pay the difference for the billet rods?

op i have a boss 5.3 1500s im gonna pick up from them next month.

Last edited:

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
u should of opted for the 1500 series engine just to be safe. to run 1000 rwhp the motor would be making somewhere in the lines of 1200 crank hp. not saying it wont hold up but may be a borrowed time kind of thing . also it could void your warranty for running more hp than what its specified for. i would ask them if u can send it back and pay the difference for the billet rods?

op i have a boss 5.3 1500s im gonna pick up from them next month.

MMR told me their rotating assemblys are rated to rwhp. They said my 1500 assembly was good till 1500rwhp.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

cbr repsol

Established Member
MMR tolme their rotating assemblys are rated to rwhp. They said my 1500 assembly was good till 1500rwhp.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
op mentioned not running over 1400 flywheel, thats why i mentioned to get a 1500 series . with 15 % driveterrain loss through a 6 speed if he actually made 1400 @ the crank, he should be somwhere around 1190 rwhp.

BobCat

Established Member
Look for guys making 700+rwhp with MMR motors that actually run their car without problems and report back....

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
I have a buddy who is stuck with a bad MMR 750 motor, they didnt check the heads when they slapped them on, heads were warped and not even, matter of fact they are way off. MMR obviously just slapped the heads on after porting and didnt even check now he is out $1800 so far and counting. Add one more mmr horror story to the list ppl.

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
So i ordered a short block from MMR and received it. I am planing on going turbo, I will say i WILL NOT see over 1400 Flywheel Hp.

On a local forum, one of the members went to say i picked the wrong short block and he would NOT run it past 1000 flywheel horsepower.

I want to see what you guys think before i continue so i don't make a mistake.

Run down of the block:
MMR 4.75 Liter Stroker Mod (1000rwhp) 8.5 Compression
MMR 2500R Pistons notched for 4v
Total Seal file fit rings
Clevite Rod And Main Bearing
MMR 4340 Forged 4.75 Crank w/ micro polished journals
Manley H Beam Rods
ARP Rod 2000 Bolts
APR Mainstud Kit
MMR Side Bolt Kit
Ford Racing HV oil pump

I will say the oil pump is one thing i am planning on upgrading just wasn't sure what way i wanted to go.

I can't wait to see how this story ends

:pop:

Users who are viewing this thread