Questions on Terminator Swap

rowekmr

Established Member
Hello
I have own a few GT's and a 96 Cobra but looking to get a crashed terminator with drivetrain and interior intact and buy a New Edge (GT or V6) to swap it into. I presume the engine/trans, harnesses, dash and computer need swapped. How difficult is it to swap all the interior/dash/IRA and all components? Are the chassis built for easy interchange? Is it better to start with a GT or is it more cost effective to start with a V6 which probably had an easier life (no racing). Does everything from the Cobra bolt up directly with existing holes or will holes and brackets have to be fabricated. The reason I'm asking many of the Cobras at auctions have a lot of body damage and I have always read others build threads and would like the challenge of one if its not too difficult.

Thanks

TRBO VNM

Depends on your capability. I have done it on an 01 cobra and a 97 cobra. the 97 we basically swapped everything except exterior body and frame. I did full interior, every harness, computer, etc. So it was easy. There were a few quirks with dome light, door switches, but we got everything worked out.

the 01 was just the drivetrain, so I wired in the intercooler pump and the IAT2 sensor and reverse lockout. If you are planning to swap everything over like I did in the 97, you can grab a v6, but if you are only gabbing the drivetrain, I would od a gt or cobra.

John M

Blue Oval
Established Member
I know the drivetrain will all bolt up unless the subframe is bent or any suspension components were damaged in a wreck, on the firewall if I remember right there are holes that just need to be knocked out but iam not sure I haven't done a swap with the interior, yes on the harnesses and computers you will have to swap with the drivetrain and keep them together, while its down you could send the computer off and have them disable the pats system be less parts to swap unless you want it. Try to get a manual for the donor car too

hotcobra03

Established Member
How often do cobras come thru? Sad but many wonder how many have been wrecked..

I would assume staying with 03 would be best bet..

we were made on the same line and it might cut down on what needs to be past over

Users who are viewing this thread