Quick Disconnect Steering Wheel

Lumpydogs

Established Member
I want to swap out my stock '01 cobra steering wheel for a quick disconnect steering wheel. Anyone have any suggestions, helpful hints or other useful tid bits?

With my current race seat position and stock steering wheel, if I ever had to get out of the car in an emergency, I would end up burnt or dead. Maybe I should lose some belly fat too :dw:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
What brand of wheel are you going to use? Momo makes a hub that fits Mustangs and NRG makes some good quick releases that will fit with Momo, Sparco and other popular steering wheels.

David Hester

Established Member
This is the one I use.
got it from Summitt.

oops too big.
try this
DSC02654.JPG

And yes, it was a hellava crash......

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Jeff:

You're going to run into a lot of issues trying to adapt a removable wheel to your stock column.

I put a reduced diameter Sparco on my R that I bought from Mark and it did the trick for me.

YMMV

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

PETSNKE

Established Member
I want to swap out my stock '01 cobra steering wheel for a quick disconnect steering wheel. Anyone have any suggestions, helpful hints or other useful tid bits?

With my current race seat position and stock steering wheel, if I ever had to get out of the car in an emergency, I would end up burnt or dead. Maybe I should lose some belly fat too :dw:

My .02

I wouldn't change that out on a car you still drive on the street. Quik connect steering wheels are for race cars, save your money for some more track time this year. If your worried about bailing out of your car in a hurry then get a fire extinguisher or a fire system.
Just what your car needs, a little more weight:eek:

David Hester

Established Member
DOH!
That explains alot!
The bad part was my wife and a buddy thought it was real funny and kept saying, "Smile" "Smile".
Of course, with all the blood flowing to my head, I couldn't hear what they were saying.
"What? What are you saying?"
DSC02653.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread