Quick question about 01 M5 and how CarFax works...

thenexlevel

Established Member
There is a gorgeous white 01 M5 that I want to buy locally around here, a bit higher miles but it looks super clean inside and out. The only thing thats really stopping me is the carfax, here is the carfax link:

Carfax link

There has been 5 owners, the 3rd owner caused this:

"Accident reported
in Hennepin County
Involving multiple impact areas
with another motor vehicle
Very severe damage reported "

But the carfax does not report this to have a salvage, junk or rebuilt title. You can see the car here Link. I already talked them down to 20k but I think they can go even lower than that.

Is this something I should stay away from? I don't know what "very severe damage" means according to carfax and i'm also wondering how this will affect me selling the car in the future?

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I wouldn't touch it.

Ofcourse it looks super clean in and out, most of the car has been repainted/repaired.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
besides previous damage, owning a high mileage M car can cost you a fortune. they dont share engine/transmission components with the regular versions. people tend to get rid of these cars before they hit 60-70k when the big (expensive) service is due. the slightest repairs on those cars can cost you a small fortune. just be aware...

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
+1 on being a bad idea to own a high mileage German car, not to mention an M car, not to mention a car that has been ****ed up and fixed.

run away if they sell even for 15

Users who are viewing this thread