Quick question: dimensions of 00R wing

b4409

Established Member
Can someone shoot me the overall height off of the trunk on the stock 00R wing as well as the width? I'm planning to put one on my 95R for race use but there seem to be aftermarket versions of varying height.

Any other issues with doing this would be good to hear as well.

Thanks,

Bruce

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I went out to the garage to measure my '00R, but it seems my son has "misplaced" my tape measure......

On a side note: Have you considered the '95 Saleen 351SR "Double Stack" Wing. It should bolt back in your original holes and is suppose to provide quite a bit of downforce.

3369132_3.jpg

Here's a link to one for sale with more pics of it:

http://bickford-ford.ebizautos.com/detail-1995-ford-mustang_saleen-saleen_s~351_sr-3369132.html

Last edited:

b4409

Established Member
I went out to the garage to measure my '00R, but it seems my son has "misplaced" my tape measure......

On a side note: Have you considered the '95 Saleen 351SR "Double Stack" Wing. It should bolt back in your original holes and is suppose to provide quite a bit of downforce.

3369132_3.jpg

Here's a link to one for sale with more pics of it:

http://bickford-ford.ebizautos.com/detail-1995-ford-mustang_saleen-saleen_s~351_sr-3369132.html

Kids :lol:

I was going to "ease" my way into an "aero" package and figured the 00R wing must be worth something in the way of downforce. Hadn't considered the the Saleen thing. Of course, there's probably not much data available to back up either but I just don't have the $1,000 spare for a real, adjustable wing and there seems to be cheap 00R replicas available. Thanks for the suggestion.

edit: I heard from a ford engineer at a race that the stock spoiler was more suited for lift than downforce!

Ruslow

Established Member
I rite now am in process of doing aero mods to my 95 for the open road events I do.Your best bet is to use the air to your advantage and by that I mean keep all attack angles to less than 10degrees and as long as possible.One of the big gains for stability and some down force is to make a diffuser for the rear.this will cause the air to exit the vehicle straight and with the correct angle provide a downforce by using suction[neg psi] instead of pos psi.By doing this I gain the downforce I REQUIRE and use no HP to do it.Will post up [pics when the mods are done]Hope to have many of the pieces here by the weekend.Stan

Last edited:

Saleenrose

Established Member
I've always referred to my wing as a Coat Hanger. Seems if it was not on the car when I got it, I would not have put it on. I see allot of "race cars" with these wings, I also feel maybe they are not going fast enough to really make use of them. I would take mine off but it came as stock.

PS, on a side note, I have a wing I took off a guys dream car, It is a replica R wing, I would sell it to you for $80. Plus shipping of course.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I would take mine off but it came as stock.

I remember when Fred was having some handling issues with his car at Road America, he took the wing off as an experiment. When he came in he said: "I don't ever want to drive that car again without the wing" or something to that effect.

I have never driven my car without the wing. At one time I heard the amount of downforce it provided but I can't remember if it was 400# or 600#. I have a good memory, it's just short! ;-)

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The wing definitely works, I just hate them on cars that never make use of them. On the Cobra R though they are sex!

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I picked up a Cervinis R wing years ago. I'm going to use it on the race car for reasons stated above... I dont have $1k+ to drop on an adjustable wing. Im planning to build my own eventually.

Cervinis '00R Wing Specs

54" long -54 3/8" long with endplates installed-
7" wide
Top front edge of wing is 7 11/16" tall
Bottom front edge of wing is 6 1/2"
Top rear lip of wing is 9 5/8" tall.

I spoke with Cervinis before I bought this and was told it was built with a molding taken from an original Ford '00 R Wing.

BTW, I saw #36 a few years ago at HPT.
1badR-1.jpg

b4409

Established Member
I've always referred to my wing as a Coat Hanger. Seems if it was not on the car when I got it, I would not have put it on. I see allot of "race cars" with these wings, I also feel maybe they are not going fast enough to really make use of them. I would take mine off but it came as stock.

PS, on a side note, I have a wing I took off a guys dream car, It is a replica R wing, I would sell it to you for $80. Plus shipping of course.

if it's the same dimensions and weight - SOLD!

I'll contact u in a day or so - on the road now an phone is low

Bruce

Saleenrose

Established Member
OK, i will measure it, I just came back from Miller Motorsport Park, I think the wing look goofy but the car just screams, I ran Nitto 555's first then went to my Kuhmo 710's and man what a ride. Car sticks like glue. I guess the wing stays. PS, I got to mess with a new Z06 with cam headers and tune, he left me in straights but not in any corners. All he said was I guess the tires helped and he walked away.:dancenana:

b4409

Established Member
I picked up a Cervinis R wing years ago. I'm going to use it on the race car for reasons stated above... I dont have $1k+ to drop on an adjustable wing. Im planning to build my own eventually.

Cervinis '00R Wing Specs

54" long -54 3/8" long with endplates installed-
7" wide
Top front edge of wing is 7 11/16" tall
Bottom front edge of wing is 6 1/2"
Top rear lip of wing is 9 5/8" tall.

I spoke with Cervinis before I bought this and was told it was built with a molding taken from an original Ford '00 R Wing.

BTW, I saw #36 a few years ago at HPT.
1badR-1.jpg

Great, thank you. It just seems like the thing is taller than that!

What's #36?

OK, i will measure it, I just came back from Miller Motorsport Park, I think the wing look goofy but the car just screams, I ran Nitto 555's first then went to my Kuhmo 710's and man what a ride. Car sticks like glue. I guess the wing stays. PS, I got to mess with a new Z06 with cam headers and tune, he left me in straights but not in any corners. All he said was I guess the tires helped and he walked away.:dancenana:

Does that mean I'm buying it or you're keeping it? :??: I'm ready :coolman:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
#36 is Daryl aka cobra186s 00R. It was under different ownership then, just saw the car in his sig and went digging threw folders on my computer to find.

V710s are addictive to say the least. Very fast tire.

Last edited:

Saleenrose

Established Member
Does that mean I'm buying it or you're keeping it? :??: I'm ready :coolman:[/QUOTE]
Looking for a PM, I have the extra wing, The 00R came with its own Wing.

PS, the V710's I cant seem to run them any harder, it takes about 20 minutes and I waste a rear wheel bearing. Ran as hard as I could, braked as hard as I could. Are these wheel bearings the best, Is there a better way? I was thinking of running air to rear brakes and maybe that would cool the wheel bearing?:idea:

Users who are viewing this thread