quiet exhaust?

Nightmare

Is there any quiet catback systems out there that arent real loud? It dosent have to sound stock, i just dont want one to be really obnoxiously loud and rumbly. My last car (02 GT) had a full offroad exhasut with longtubes and it was LOOOUD. It was fun for a while but got old and always drew unwanted attention (cops). This time i want a good sounding exhaust that will give me good HP gains and not be TOO loud. Any ideas?

ZincCobra03

Hold on to your helmet!
Established Member
FRPP is a good idea. I had the Borla system on my 02 GT with a Magnaflow x-pipe, quiet at idle and sounds great at WOT!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Magnaflow? No way that is quiet. I had one. If you want a catback with a nice WOT sound but one that is quieter than most others at lower RPMs I would highly recommend the Steeda catback. I've recommended it to others looking for a quieter catback and those who bought were very happy.

I would advise you to listen to various catbacks "in person". That is the only way you will really know for sure which meet your "loudness" need. Good luck!

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Yep, Bob recomended it, and it is nice! Get the Steeda!

ModMike1572

Established Member
My magnaflows were quiet. Well, i went from exhaust cutouts, to the mags, now bassani o/r x with packs so i guess i would consider the mags to be quiet..lol

ghostrydyr

Established Member
dynomax 3" ultra-flows

Gotta be the most stealth catback out there. Just a LITTLE louder than stock and it's three inch pipes and straight thru muffler! I love mine.

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
The borla stingers arent really that loud on the stock h-pipe with all cats. I'd say they're pushing the 'polite' evelope, but they're not obnoxious.

Snake_Eyes

SVT Warrior
Established Member
I got borlas with the stock H pipe and its not really loud. I know what you mean about too loud. Its cool for about a month, then when you cant hear you car stereo it sucks.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
I like your idea. Right now I have the Magnapacks and Magnaflow o/r x. It is way loud. When I get my kenne bell and solid axle, I am gonna take your route. I want my car to be quiet until I stand on it. That siren sound that comes from a kenne bell will just sound that much better. Nothing beats a sleeper, its hard to find someone to race when you sound like you have a nascar engine under the hood!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Killer03Cobra
My magnaflows were quiet. Well, i went from exhaust cutouts, to the mags, now bassani o/r x with packs so i guess i would consider the mags to be quiet..lol
Sometimes loudness is a state of mind. LOL! It is so true that to one person a Maggie catback might be loud and to another a bit on the quiet side. For sure, though, my Steeda catback was quieter than the Maggie, but not by all that much. Me, I like something a bit easier on the ears but loud enough to get the attention of the neighbors. :lol1:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
definatly steeda

I would have to second on the steeda exhaust. its what I have and it barely drones. also its bad ass cause most people think its stock but when up romp on that shit that tells them something different :)

I have the steeda x pipe and catback and i get compliments all the time that it is one of the best sounding exhausts on a mustang that the person has heard.

although if i did it agian i would by bassani x pipe with removable cats instead of x pipe w/cats for those times that i wanted to be obnoxious to the nieghbors.

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Originally posted by MystiChrome Coupe
I have the FR500 with a Magnaflow catted X pipe. Very good sound & not very loud.
My friend had that set-up in his 03. It is very quiet just cruising around but at WOT it sounds awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread