Quoestion about LFP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

o0prodigy0o

Established Member
I think I just got taken for a walk! Last week I ordered a set of OEM replacement rotor for my '99 L from LFP. I just recieved them 20mins ago and opened the box to check them out and inside the cover box is a water damaged white box w my hawk pads crushed in one corner and my rotors w some surface rust, dust, and grime all over the rotors. LFP said they are Brembo OEMs. I decided to call Brembo for myself before calling LFP and the Brembo agent said " the rotor hat should be stamped w a Brembo logo on it as they should also be gold in color" both of which are not on or present on these rotors. These rotor have a C stamped on the hat and are silver like stock OEM. So the call was made to LFP and they in turn replied they are Brembos and they have just been sitting and that is the way Brembo sends the rotors to them. They also said that the water damage is just humidity and the surface rust is part of the deal. Ill be postin pic up ASAP as soon as my roomate gets back w his camera. Im totally bummed I dont wanna use this crap on my truck but Im SOL now that I lost my job and dont have the cash to go get another set somewhere else and Im doubting LFP will give me ALL of my money back!!!!! :fm::fm::fm::fm::fm::fm::fm::fm::fm::fm::fm::fm:

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Surface rust is not part of the deal. I hope you dont get screwed over bro. LFP has been really dropping the ball lately.

krzemienr

NOS Doesn't Make You Cool
Established Member
sorry to hear, i haven't had problems like that from them, they never ship out my order fully, meaning they will ship some parts, and the rest in a couple days....

o0prodigy0o

Established Member
Ok alil update pics will still be on tonight. Rotors are found to be Brembo but that was after some cleaning of the hat to find Brembos stamp. I apologize for the saying they were not Brembos but even thought they are on appearance alone this is still SAD!:fm: Another call to Brembo was made and Brembo has asked for pics also on this as they are wanting to see the condition of these rotors as well. Did I mention the box smells like an old man w cheap cologne sittin at a tittie bar w the leaves that he picked up from walkin in the rain in the box!

krzemienr

NOS Doesn't Make You Cool
Established Member
Ok alil update pics will still be on tonight. Rotors are found to be Brembo but that was after some cleaning of the hat to find Brembos stamp. I apologize for the saying they were not Brembos but even thought they are on appearance alone this is still SAD!:fm: Another call to Brembo was made and Brembo has asked for pics also on this as they are wanting to see the condition of these rotors as well. Did I mention the box smells like an old man w cheap cologne sittin at a tittie bar w the leaves that he picked up from walkin in the rain in the box!

sounds like the rotors had a hell of a night before they came to your door!:beer:

GTPvsSVT

crunk
Established Member
Bare metal will rust with even slight humidity in the air. It's normal.
It will come right off with a little sand paper.

Have you ever looked at your rotors after a rain storm? Rusting is normal where i'm from!:rockon:

However, it is a good thing you found the brembo stamp...would have been a different story if it were a box full of wrong parts. Looking forward to the pics!

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
New rotors 'should' come coated with preservative if not cadmium or zinc plated to prevent rust. I've never seen a rusted brand new rotor. Brembo rotors also come in a box (same as Baers) that have Brembo printed all over it.

Just examples:

brembo_replacement.jpg

brembo_sport_drilled.jpg

o0prodigy0o

Established Member
Yeah i know that rotors will rust but like Fade to Black stated they should have a coating on them to prevent that. I was a mech for 5yrs and NEVER recieved a set of rotor like this in any form. Im literally gonna have to clean them throughly b4 they go on and now that i have this bad taste I question whether they will even be correct. Ive always just sprayed a rotor down w brake clean/lil wipe down and had at it. Rotors has surface rust on parts, water stains (looks like someone opend a can of coke next to them), the hat and hub are totally coverred in grime, just not impressed by LFP's presentation and they have lost a customer. This is just my opinion but again if the rotor hat was so dirty that you had to take brake clean and a towel to it to find the Brembo mark would you really want to purchase those part w your cash? Im sorry maybe im pickie but when i get new things i like them to be new. Not look like Joe, Bob, and Larry played w them before i recieved them its just common courtesy to give someone the best possible product for the money they have spent. AKA you scratch my back ill scratch yours!

Last edited:

ecoastkid

Established Member
I really want to see these pictures...

It is quite possible another package riding near them leaked any number of things during shipping.

Also, I find it difficult to believe that LFP isnt make things right if there a problem. What about the crushed hawk pad?...Are you saying they said they wouldnt replace that? Perhaps they were a return from another customer and they got mixed up. You should be sending pics to LFP as well.

o0prodigy0o

Established Member
From the way Im takin it no I wont get a replacement. Per say they are the correct rotors i did apologize for thinkin they were not Brembos but that was after cleaning a rotor off to find the casting and multiple calls to BRembo. I will find out if they are correct as far as the correct rotor tommorrow when they go on. What I am sayin is that at first I couldnt tell if they were Brembos due to dirt (first time ive had to clean a rotor to find a casting that should be visible right off the bat) I am highly un happy w the CONDITION that I recieved them in. As far as being spilled on during transport not so much. They were double boxed and the outer box had no water damage. Im not talkin humidity im talkin WATER the piece of paper was totally soaked and for the most part destroyed.

ra1nmakr

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
the water damage on the inner box is what seams a little fishy to me. although i have had nothing but good luck with LFP, that is not to say that i have not heard an increasing amount of negative comments arise lately. I am sorry for what has happened and hope that everything can get corrected.

o0prodigy0o

Established Member
Just got done takin pics ill have them on here later tonight.
Brake pads are all good except for the box bein crushed upon opening the box w a rotor slammed next to them. This is just all around bad the more I look at them the more they get me pissed off.:fm: If you look close there are scores/gouges on the finished piece of the hub. They were obviously a return piece but for what reason I dunno. Im torn whether to argue this out w LFP or just try slammin them on and hope for the best as I needed these things yesterday!

ecoastkid

Established Member
slammin them is certainly not gonna get you new rotors...why not call them again and explain more detail now.

This thread is worthless without pics to backup the claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread