Race Stars on a Mach

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Few quick pics i got tonight. Will try and get more this week/weekend. 17x4.5 with 185/55 and 15x10 with 275/60

P1030391.jpg

Last edited:

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
looks good

Thanks

Badass dude! How is the clearance over the brakes front and rear?

Thanks man. There is alot of room on the fronts. They are 17x4.5. The back is another story LOL. 15x10. I ended up having to mill down the calipers where the bango bolt goes into the Caliper. Wasnt a big deal but didnt think i would have to do that much work to get them to fit.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
looks great. I have the GW version on the front of my cobra for the strip. I wish race star would make a 16x10 so I could have a matching rear without losing my rear cobra brakes.

092 by svtlightning2k1, on Flickr

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
looks great. I have the GW version on the front of my cobra for the strip. I wish race star would make a 16x10 so I could have a matching rear without losing my rear cobra brakes.

We have the same size brakes. With alittle bit of work to the calipers a 15x10 will fit. You may have other problem with the IRS.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
We have the same size brakes. With alittle bit of work to the calipers a 15x10 will fit. You may have other problem with the IRS.

on most 15's the calipers need some grinding to clear but the main part is grinding the knuckle/tie rod end mounting location. I dont want to do that for fear of making that area prone to breaking during road track use.

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
how light are these wheels?

are they the EXACT same thing as the weld wheels? i thought i read somewhere greg got bought out by them or something. just wondering if they changed anything...

do you have to run a spacer in the front for the 15's?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is a killer looking Mach. Your rear wheel/tire setup really makes it look great. I've always liked your Mach.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
how light are these wheels?

are they the EXACT same thing as the weld wheels? i thought i read somewhere greg got bought out by them or something. just wondering if they changed anything...

do you have to run a spacer in the front for the 15's?

Both front and back wheels are 16.6oz. Thats the 17x4.5 and 15x10. Yea they did buy greg weld out. They are the same. Nothing has changed from what i know. IDK about the spacer. The guy i got them from didnt know and i didnt want to spend the money on 2 front wheels and them not fit. Im sure you would atleast need a 1'' spacer like other wheels.

That is a killer looking Mach. Your rear wheel/tire setup really makes it look great. I've always liked your Mach.

Thanks man :beer: If it makes it look any better it has your gasket on the T56 lol.

Nice Mach! :)

Users who are viewing this thread