Race to the 10's/9's/8's

rrg9946

Established Member
So BMR tech and myself thought it would be fun to have a race to the 10's/9's/8's with the new 2015 Mustang GT. We have both been waiting eagerly for our cars to come in. The day is approaching quickly. But as racers and Mustang enthusiasts, we have naturally already begun planning our path to the single digit 1/4 mile numbers! Below will be a set of rules we will go by. Although this thread is being started by BMR and myself, the challenge is open to anyone. Good luck and have fun. Remember how lucky we are to be car enthusiasts in the era we are in!

I hope to see a challenge such as this for the Eco Boost owners.

2015 Mustang GT Race to the 10's/9's/8's Rules:

1. Must retain stock interior (with exception of lighter front seats and roll cage) cage is optional.
2. No welding to chassis or cutting into any part of body or chassis unless it is a safety or roll cage.
3. Body must remain stock with exception of (aftermarket hood or spoiler)
4. Any suspension work allowed without altering stock locations. (Again no welding or cutting of chassis allowed) (with the exception of safety or roll cage)
5. Car must retain all legal street credentials
6. No modification to factory long block. Valve train must remain stock.
7. After market or mass produced intake manifold allowed.
8. Any bolt on part is allowed ie. throttle body mass air, cold air intake, pulleys.
9. Must retain factory cooling system.
10. Any tuning or calibration allowed.
11. Any use of power adder allowed. No limitations. But not a combination of.
12. Any wheel and tire allowed.
13. Any after market mass produced exhaust components allowed.
14. Any fuel allowed, including but not limited to: any VP, Torco, Sunoco, or E85 fuel or combination of.
15. Methanol injection kits allowed.
16. Factory fuel tank must be intact and functional
17. All factory engine accessories such as smog, steering pump, AC system, must be intact and unaltered
18. Proof of runs must be documented by video and time slip. Only the time slip will be used for date verification. Vehicle number that is on the cars windshield must be same as car number or identifier that is on the time slip for said pass to qualify as an official pass. Once the the 10's/9's/8's are achieved we will keep documenting progress of runs.

We do not expect anyone to post pictures of build or openly discuss what modifications are being done. I myself will most likely fully disclose my build as it comes along. Again guys and gals this is a great time to be a car enthusiast! This is all for good fun. Remember to be safe and have fun.

PM me or BMR tech if you would like to be entered. We will add you according to your request time. Please do not reply to this thread by saying I'm in and expect to be entered. You can reply if you'd like with anything relevant to the challenge/thread. But only PMing myself or BMR tech will get you registered. There will be a running list available once there are at least 5 members registering.

I feel that without becoming an NMRA rule book this should be adequate and easy to understand.

Last edited:

rrg9946

Established Member
BUt seriously, I can't wait to see these cars built and run.
This should be moved somewhere that has more traffic like roadside. Moderator?

Your lucky I've know you for 16 years or I'd get you banned lol.

I think moving it to a higher traffic forum would be great.

I'll be talking with Steve about getting MM&FF involved.

BMR Tech

I don't have time to be involved with updating, monitoring etc. - But I will definitely be involved in watching / participating.

Also - I will be breaking a few of those rules.. ;) I am building a car to go fast, I'm not following any rules or restrictions. Just saying :coolman:

Last edited:

rrg9946

Established Member
I don't have time to be involved with updating, monitoring etc. - But I will definitely be involved in watching / participating.

Also - I will be breaking a few of those rules.. ;) I am building a car to go fast, I'm not following any rules or restrictions. Just saying :coolman:

Ok ok....... We can get rid of the rules.... I guess I'm so used to going by NMRA rule security guards lol...... What rules do you think we should mend or get rid of?

BMR Tech

I guess it depends.

I mean, if I am the first in the 8's but have a fuel cell...and no rear seats, and some modified suspension pivot points.....it doesn't mean I was not the first in the 8's.

That said, maybe you could break it into like a general category, and street.

I realize, not everyone is going to take their 35K car and immediately do the things I am going to do it it.

I would also like to state the fact that, I DO work for BMR....but my car is going to be my car. I already know when the topic comes up, people are going to say it's not fair because I have a "shop" car. Well, I would do the exact same thing if I did not work for BMR. That said, if BMR covers the cost - 8's is easy peasy. lol!

rrg9946

Established Member
I guess it depends.

I mean, if I am the first in the 8's but have a fuel cell...and no rear seats, and some modified suspension pivot points.....it doesn't mean I was not the first in the 8's.

That said, maybe you could break it into like a general category, and street.

I realize, not everyone is going to take their 35K car and immediately do the things I am going to do it it.

I would also like to state the fact that, I DO work for BMR....but my car is going to be my car. I already know when the topic comes up, people are going to say it's not fair because I have a "shop" car. Well, I would do the exact same thing if I did not work for BMR. That said, if BMR covers the cost - 8's is easy peasy. lol!

Hahahahahaha!!!!!! I don't care if they did own the car..... First come first serve. I think that's a great idea. We can split it in two categories. One in this rule,set up. then an open class.

Plus even if I only hit 10's it will be a cool 10

BMR Tech

LOL! There ya go.

Unlimited / Limited classes....

Sounds good! Bad for me, I gotta compete with all these crazy shops who already have built motors waiting to go in! lol We'll see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread