raced a 06 M5

makevelie187

Established Member
My friend has a 06 M5 (the 500hp v10) with deleted cats,resenators, and muffler. I raced him in my 01 C5Z06 with Full exhaust,CAI, and tune. We ran 4 times from 60-140 the first 3 times i ended up at this bumper, the last it was pretty damn even. We could only go from 60 since im on OEM street tires no traction at anything below 60 and it was very very cold out, DRs are coming soon. all of 3rd gear it was pretty damn even but when i shift into 4th he pulls ahead a little my shifting could be better. It was a great race and my first death!

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
My friend has a 06 M5 (the 500hp v10) with deleted cats,resenators, and muffler. I raced him in my 01 C5Z06 with Full exhaust,CAI, and tune. We ran 4 times from 60-140 the first 3 times i ended up at this bumper, the last it was pretty damn even. We could only go from 60 since im on OEM street tires no traction at anything below 60 and it was very very cold out, DRs are coming soon. all of 3rd gear it was pretty damn even but when i shift into 4th he pulls ahead a little my shifting could be better. It was a great race and my first death!

Booo, cam it and drag that heavy sedan down the highway.

ttadriver

Established Member
With his mods, untuned, he probably was getting 15-20 rwhp over stock at best. How much power were you putting down during your tune? Just curious to see if the outcome can be explained by the numbers.

----
07 BMW M5
97 Viper GTS B/W
93 Mustang Cobra Teal
89 Anniv Turbo Trans Am hardtop

Slo-Vert

Established Member
I don't mean to sound like a dick but that sounds a little far fetched. M5s are ****in fast I've driven em before. I think I'd even have a hard time killin one

BayareaSS

Established Member
I'm also cool with the guy that owns the M5. Since i've known him he hasn't bs'ed me yet so i believe the 117 trap speed.

But the c5 z lost because his shifting isn't that fast yet.( Needs more practice)
And he went from 3rd gear in 60 and that is a very bad spot to run in a 3.42 geared car. So with faster shifting and going from 2nd gear at 50-55 he would of won this race. Probably by about a car length.

Last edited:

Bullitt4859

Established Member
Nice death...Was the M5 SMG(7spd) or Manual(6spd) bc gearing may have to do with it, but im just thinking out loud.:shrug:

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
buy LT's retune and get DR's. go from 2nd or dig.

get a different shift knob to help with shifting if you want, and get a shift light too, slowly ween yourself off it later lol.

Or screw all that and run giggle juice on it and leave the BMW in the dust.

makevelie187

Established Member
iv only had the car for about 1-2 months and the weather has been so shitty i never drive it, more seat time. once the weather gets better a rematch will come and hopefully on vid

BayareaSS

Established Member
buy LT's retune and get DR's. go from 2nd or dig.

get a different shift knob to help with shifting if you want, and get a shift light too, slowly ween yourself off it later lol.

Or screw all that and run giggle juice on it and leave the BMW in the dust.

Car already has LT's

KILRSVT

Established Member
M5 are pretty quick especially the SMG it shifts so hard and so fast. The gearing is also very impressive it has 5 gear reductions ratio's, 1 direct drive ratio and 1 overdrive ratio which is why it is a seven speed trans, really well geard. But hey..to mod a vett is a whole lot cheaper than an M5. Throw some gears and a cam and that M5 will be a goner.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
I don't mean to sound like a dick but that sounds a little far fetched. M5s are ****in fast I've driven em before. I think I'd even have a hard time killin one

You should handle one with ease. 500hp in a 4000+ lb. automobile.

Pullied Cobras, Supercharged 01-04 GTs, Tuned (and driven properly) C5Zs, should all have the upper hand on that car.

Don't get me wrong, 500hp is a mean machine, but they're a heavy car.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Nice deaths bro! Nothing wrong with losing to one of those, especially one that goes 117 in the 1/4.

BTW, never got to tell you Congats on getting the car! :rockon::coolman:

What are your plans for it?

makevelie187

Established Member
Nice deaths bro! Nothing wrong with losing to one of those, especially one that goes 117 in the 1/4.

BTW, never got to tell you Congats on getting the car! :rockon::coolman:

What are your plans for it?

Hey thanks bro! finally got it, took a while to find the right one but the wait was worth it. honestly with the prices falling so much on the c6Zs i might be in the market next summer/fall for one, or i might just pull the trigger and procharge the c5Z to early to tell though, it will remain as is entill spring or summer then i will start considering what i wana do. hows the KB beast coming along?

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Hey thanks bro! finally got it, took a while to find the right one but the wait was worth it. honestly with the prices falling so much on the c6Zs i might be in the market next summer/fall for one, or i might just pull the trigger and procharge the c5Z to early to tell though, it will remain as is entill spring or summer then i will start considering what i wana do. hows the KB beast coming along?

If you can afford a C6Z next year, pull the trigger! :rockon: If not, a Procharger on your car would be bad ass!

BTW, no KB here. I have a Whipple.

:beer:

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
Nice death L, like Marlon said work on those shifts and start in 2nd next time. I think you did pretty good considering you started in third at 60

Users who are viewing this thread