Raced a pair of vettes and a bolt-on terminator in my VR-4--video

08mojo

Established Member
Been a long time (if ever) since I've seen a respectable 3000gt. It's been awhile since I have had my bolt-on terminator, but I want to say they would trap in the 117-118 range with typical bolt-ons. The experts are on this board, so I'm sure someone will correct me.

stangfreak

Established Member
New member: yes
Troll: no

I posted the video on ls1tech so i figured since there is a terminator in the video, I may as well post it here. :)

Thanks for putting the video in the right forum. What does a 03-04 terminator trap in the 1/4 with bolt-ons? I figure my car is about a 116 car(420whp@34XXlbs)

Your car is a 116mph? Not sure about that looking at the races. my 03 cobra with a cold air intake ( if you want to call it that. It was just a filter on the STOCK intake tube) borla stinger catback, stock tires, ran a 12.32 at 115mph . Those were the only mods. stock tune, stock pulley. This was 14 years ago.

with a 2.80 upper pulley (14lbs of boost) tune, catback, cold air intake, steeda triax shifter the car went 11.45 at 12x mph. car made 460rwhp 480rwtq. race weight was over 3800lbs. spare tire in the back, full tank of 93, stock suspension car.

I ported the stock supercharger bc that was the shit to do 13 years ago and 500rwhp was omg. so keeping the stock supercharger and porting it with supporting mods, my car made 510rwhp 550rwtq. still a bolt on car. I never ran my car with the ported stock supercharger bc they shut the track down. But, for reference, and you wanted to know what a bolt on cobra is capable of with a good driver, my friend venomous03cobra ran a 10.8x at 126mph in a full weight, stock suspension ported eaton cobra. No nitrous.

so depending on driver and bolt on's, they range from 12.30's to high 10's with the stock supercharger and no nitrous. 125mph or a bit higher.

NOMIEZVR4

Established Member
Your car is a 116mph? Not sure about that looking at the races. my 03 cobra with a cold air intake ( if you want to call it that. It was just a filter on the STOCK intake tube) borla stinger catback, stock tires, ran a 12.32 at 115mph . Those were the only mods. stock tune, stock pulley. This was 14 years ago.

with a 2.80 upper pulley (14lbs of boost) tune, catback, cold air intake, steeda triax shifter the car went 11.45 at 12x mph. car made 460rwhp 480rwtq. race weight was over 3800lbs. spare tire in the back, full tank of 93, stock suspension car.

I ported the stock supercharger bc that was the shit to do 13 years ago and 500rwhp was omg. so keeping the stock supercharger and porting it with supporting mods, my car made 510rwhp 550rwtq. still a bolt on car. I never ran my car with the ported stock supercharger bc they shut the track down. But, for reference, and you wanted to know what a bolt on cobra is capable of with a good driver, my friend venomous03cobra ran a 10.8x at 126mph in a full weight, stock suspension ported eaton cobra. No nitrous.

so depending on driver and bolt on's, they range from 12.30's to high 10's with the stock supercharger and no nitrous. 125mph or a bit higher.

Hey thanks for the reply. Those are some really healthy power numbers. I'm not sure on the full list of modifications that the car had but i definitely saw the exhaust, gauges, and some type of billet pulley on the supercharger. Obviously the driver left a lot to be desired. With a good driver I'm sure it would have been a much closer race similar to what you're car made with the slight mods which reaffrims my inital thoughts. Its a 30k car and it looked really clean and definitely not hacked at all.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice VR-4 you have. A neighbor of mine used to own one; same color. I think he sold it a couple of years ago. Your interior looks to be a really great shape.

NOMIEZVR4

Established Member
Nice VR-4 you have. A neighbor of mine used to own one; same color. I think he sold it a couple of years ago. Your interior looks to be a really great shape.

Hey Thanks...its all stock except for the seats which I swapped out for weight reduction purposes. :)

NOMIEZVR4

Established Member
Cranked up the boost and ran a c6z with bolt-ons, H/C. Along with a few others...no mustang this time around.

HandBanana

Established Member
New member: yes
Troll: no

I posted the video on ls1tech so i figured since there is a terminator in the video, I may as well post it here. :)

Thanks for putting the video in the right forum. What does a 03-04 terminator trap in the 1/4 with bolt-ons? I figure my car is about a 116 car(420whp@34XXlbs)

34xx lbs????? how gutted is this thing? All of mine weighed in around 3800.

callmedoc

Boosted Meth Addict
Established Member
I can't believe no one mentioned this, but you raced some of the WORST Vette drivers I've seen on video. LMAO

Who starts a race at under 3K RPMs in a vette????

NOMIEZVR4

Established Member
Thanks guys..

@HandBanana my car is far from gutted. Its got everything it came with from the factory minus a few gimmicks. Check out the first page for pics and details.

@callmedoc I was pacing the vette and as you can tell he was doing the honking. :) It was all for fun so no one lost sleep over it.

Users who are viewing this thread