Racing a pullied cobra next week

Jsak

Established Member
Racing a pullied cobra next week with a JLT intake and sct tune. I have a 08 vette with headers, intake, and tune. Should be pretty fun, just met the guy, seems pretty cool. He took me for a ride and it seems to pull pretty hard but that's without the tune and intake. He is getting that stuff this week. Racing from a 20 punch. What do u all think the outcome will be?

Last edited:

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
This should be moved, but I think maybe you'd get him. I'm not to sure though since you're an auto

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd like to see the Cobra win but I think your Vette will beat him, unless he is making more power than we believe. Tough to say without knowing more specifics about his car, like pulley size, stock or larger lower pulley, stock or ported blower, etc. Should be interesting. Most important, you've made a new friend. :)

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
400hp vette, aerodynamic advantage, auto shift advantage, weight advantage, traction advantage.

MAXIMUM 480 HP cobra. power advantage.

my money is he has you until he has to shift. even a pro shifter, that is where the vette will begin to shine.

my numbers are probably off. but like I said, with your vette being an auto, you got him as long as your legs are long enough to push the pedal all the way down.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Driver's race. A stock pulley Cobra will walk away from an LS2 Vette pretty easily.

He has a pulley, but no tune yet, and gave you a ride (Presumably some time at WOT?)? Sounds like his engine may not make it 'till next week to race you at the current pace.

MGC

Established Member
Driver's race. A stock pulley Cobra will walk away from an LS2 Vette pretty easily.

He has a pulley, but no tune yet, and gave you a ride (Presumably some time at WOT?)? Sounds like his engine may not make it 'till next week to race you at the current pace.

+1 on both points.

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
The track? Race on a deserted Mexican highway, with videos.

I vote for the vette. Sounds like the guy doesn't know much about his cobra if hes WOT no tune so I'll bank on him not coming out on top of a 'drivers race'

Ironhand

Banned
I would like to know the mods of the cobra as well and I would like to hear or see the results on video.

16kOrBust

Established Member
I'll definitely like to see the outcome of this. I'm pulling for the Vette but I agree that it will come down to driver. Get dig and roll races in so we can see who sucks at driving and which car actually pulls after the launch! :banana:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
you'll probably get him, depending on what pulley he's going with. an intake, upper-only pullied cobra will usually be around 450rwhp +/- 10hp, and slightly more torque. he's probably at least 300lbs heavier than you, and has the aerodynamic disadvantage at high speeds. a lot depends on how good he can shift, and how good his tires are. like i said, you'll probably get him.

and whoever said a stock pulleyed cobra will walk away from an ls2 vette is WRONG. the vette has the advantage over a stock pulleyed cobra, unless the cobra is tuned.

ghall

Established Member
and whoever said a stock pulleyed cobra will walk away from an ls2 vette is WRONG. the vette has the advantage over a stock pulleyed cobra, unless the cobra is tuned.

I agree!

The vette should win this one pretty easily. It's an ls-3 with mods. It should be making similar HP to the cobra and weigh alot less.
Please let us know the results.

Jsak

Established Member
I will txt him tomarrow to see what pulley size he is getting, and hopefully I can borrow someones camcorder. only problem is it will be at night

Users who are viewing this thread