Racing at Royal purple raceway

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
friday i am going down and running during the street drags and just needed to know what to expect.
Im running my truck so if i break 14s i will be excited. This is more for fun after a long school semester and i just needed some tips of how to get going and what to expect at that track

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Yep, there have been nights where I got there at 6pm and only get 2 passes in before they shut it down.

Now if you don't mind 1/8 tracks, Houston Motorsports Park is way better for getting lots of runs in. I use it to practice and hit up RPR or Lonestar on occasion.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Houston Motorsports park is a lot closer to me, cypress/tomball area. I hate driving out to RPR to only make two ****ing passes, 3 if I'm lucky.

Famine

Established Member
What others said. Which brings to mind why so many people say screw it and race around on the streets unfortunately.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Thats what im worried about. Drive a hour and get one pass in and get shut down for the rest of the night

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Yep, there have been nights where I got there at 6pm and only get 2 passes in before they shut it down.

Now if you don't mind 1/8 tracks, Houston Motorsports Park is way better for getting lots of runs in. I use it to practice and hit up RPR or Lonestar on occasion.

HMP is probably what i might do instead

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
What truck do you have?

2015 sierra dbl cab 5.3 with 3.42 gears

Supposedly theyre good for 14.7s, Im needing to blow off some steam and wanted to baseline the truck. Its the worktruck package so i got the 17s. Ive been considering taking it to HHP and just letting lose on it instead of buying a mustang

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Most of the fastest vehicles at test and tune at HMP are Chevy trucks.

So easy to make them fast.

STXDriver98544

Bass Assassin
Established Member
That's bizarre that all you guys have had that much trouble making passes. I'll be out there tonight with some buddies spectating. I was out there about a month ago and they were moving them quick, if I had to estimate I'd say each car got at least 7-10 passes and there were quite a few cars, bikes, and trucks. I'm not sure if yall have been out there lately but maybe they changed some things around to move them through quicker because these guys were making passes and getting back up to the front in no time at all.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
That's bizarre that all you guys have had that much trouble making passes. I'll be out there tonight with some buddies spectating. I was out there about a month ago and they were moving them quick, if I had to estimate I'd say each car got at least 7-10 passes and there were quite a few cars, bikes, and trucks. I'm not sure if yall have been out there lately but maybe they changed some things around to move them through quicker because these guys were making passes and getting back up to the front in no time at all.

I've been to RPR many many times. A long time ago they used to run a tight ship. Then they let a bunch of retards start running the staging lanes and it turned into one giant cluster ****. I'd be sitting in a lane and see a car go by to make a pass, then the same damn car later going by to make a pass and I hadn't moved. I'd have to go yell at the idiots to get our lane moving. I stopped going there to race after multiple instances of this kind of nonsense. I have very low tolerance for stupidity anymore and they have it in spades.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I've been to RPR many many times. A long time ago they used to run a tight ship. Then they let a bunch of retards start running the staging lanes and it turned into one giant cluster ****. I'd be sitting in a lane and see a car go by to make a pass, then the same damn car later going by to make a pass and I hadn't moved. I'd have to go yell at the idiots to get our lane moving. I stopped going there to race after multiple instances of this kind of nonsense. I have very low tolerance for stupidity anymore and they have it in spades.
Yep. That pretty much sums it up.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
You're gonna a lot more than that to be competitive at BMP.

Forced induction or huge nitrous setups.

I want to make the truck my boulevard bruiser/ tow pig. Im more of a bike guy and am looking to put another one together so i can actually go fast. Problem for me right now is the wife wants her Camaro to get some parts bolted on

Users who are viewing this thread