Radar Detetor

bones

Established Member
HAs anyone done a permanent install of a radar detector. I'd like to know where the nearest hot wire is under the dash and how to get th wire down behand the dash board.

bones
03 Cobra:??:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I ran mine from the visor along under the head liner trim and then under the A pillar trim piece to the outside of the dash board. Then down underneath the edge of the rubber trim piece to the bottom of the dash board. Then underneath the dash to the fuse panel. :beer:

Welcome to the forums! If you do a search, you'll find a lot of info on the topic...

Last edited:

maoun

Established Member
you can bring down your glove-box.....once it's all the way, press the back of it in towards itself and it'll come down even further.....then tap into one of the wires back there and run the cable up through the a/c vent....that's where i hardwired mine....looks clean.

that a-pillar hole is a BITCH!....so if you mount it up there, good luck.

good luck.
m.

bones

Established Member
Originally posted by flyn high again
I ran mine from the visor along under the head liner trim and then under the A pillar trim piece to the outside of the dash board. Then down underneath the edge of the rubber trim piece to the bottom of the dash board. Then underneath the dash to the fuse panel. :beer:

Welcome to the forums! If you do a search, you'll find a lot of info on the topic...

Thanks. Does the A-pillar trim come off or do you just squeeze the wire under it? I don't see any screws. Afraid to pull hard on it.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I squeezed it under. It was narrow in a couple areas and I used a small screwdriver to carefully pry it open enough to slip the wire underneath.

BrianR

Mild Mannered
Established Member
Originally posted by bones
Thanks. Does the A-pillar trim come off or do you just squeeze the wire under it? I don't see any screws. Afraid to pull hard on it.
It pulls off, there is a couple of clips holding it on.

Brian

lifter213

Established Member
I left the a pillar on. I just pulled it up alittle with my hands and guided the wire in there all the way down.

Users who are viewing this thread