Radiator drain plug help

RFM50

Established Member
I'm getting ready to reinstall my motor and was wondering if anyone can help with how to get the drain plug for the radiator to seal. I have now broken 2 of them. It seems like you can't tighten it enough without breaking it, to get it to seal.

grnenvy

Established Member
If your having alot of problems with it u can always close it off permantly. U really don't need petcock u can always just pull the lower hose to drain it.
I would use some high temp sealer on it or u could use some JB weld on it either will work.

RFM50

Established Member
If your having alot of problems with it u can always close it off permantly. U really don't need petcock u can always just pull the lower hose to drain it.
I would use some high temp sealer on it or u could use some JB weld on it either will work.

I thought about that. I will probably do that if I can't get it to seal.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Not sure how you're having an issue when I drained my fluid for paxton install i just turned it until fluid came out. Then tightened it back, and no issues.

Sorry that this is no help.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Isn't there an o-ring on the plug? Its not tightness, that o-ring seals it. Shouldn't have to be tight at all. Check the o-ring

zachcrosen

Established Member
I didnt have any problems with mine either. Check the o-ring for presence. If its missing or damaged, it will never seal off. Make sure there are not cuts or nicks in the o-ring.

mtrsprt

Established Member
I can tighten mine by hand and seal it. A little snug after that, and its GTG.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Yes, I just used my fingers to loosen mine to drain it, and then I finger tightened it back up when done. You def dont need to crank down on it at all

Users who are viewing this thread