Radiator fan gave out

brandon333

Out of commission
Established Member
The radiator fan on my brothers 1997 cobra finally gave out. Just gonna slap an oem one on for now. I wanna upgrade the fan and the radiator to the mishimoto but I don't know too many people using that one. What's some good radiators to consider? He's gonna be boosting in the near future

laddanator

Established Member
The radiator fan on my brothers 1997 cobra finally gave out. Just gonna slap an oem one on for now. I wanna upgrade the fan and the radiator to the mishimoto but I don't know too many people using that one. What's some good radiators to consider? He's gonna be boosting in the near future

The Mishimoto radiator is the ticket but you really don't need the fan (in my opinion). The stock fan does just fine. I have a brand new fan for the 97/98 Cobra still in the box if you want it.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
be careful with aftermarket fans, not sure which fan setup the 97s use but when the fan went out on my Mach I did a lot of looking around and just about everything I found flowed LESS cfm than the factory unit

Noreast

Established Member
I have a mishimoto rad works great made car run a lot cooler. I use the stock fan it works perfect no need to upgrade

brandon333

Out of commission
Established Member
The Mishimoto radiator is the ticket but you really don't need the fan (in my opinion). The stock fan does just fine. I have a brand new fan for the 97/98 Cobra still in the box if you want it.

Thanks for the info on the radiator. Sorry man I'm gonna have to pass on the fan because he already ordered the part from american muscle

brandon333

Out of commission
Established Member
be careful with aftermarket fans, not sure which fan setup the 97s use but when the fan went out on my Mach I did a lot of looking around and just about everything I found flowed LESS cfm than the factory unit

I'm gonna go with the factory one for now thanks for that. Saves me the trouble of buying a crappy aftermarket one lol

Users who are viewing this thread