Radiator hose for Evans thermostat housing& fluidyne radiator

coolcobra

Established Member
I have been running the cooling mods that include the larger fluidyne radiator, relocated Evans thermostat housing, and relocated oil cooler. When I first installed this configuration a year ago, a just cut up the Ford upper radiator hose to couple the Evans thermostat housing to the fluidyne radiator. This required slighly kinking the hose and shortening it considerably to fit. I have participated in 5 road racing events with no problems, but recently the upper hose blew out.

Talking to Evans directly, they don't have a radiator hose that really fits this.
What has everyone else done with this semi-custom hose requirement. I am planning to go to the Shelby road racing event at Las Vegas at end of February and need some help on what to do.

SlowSVT

Established Member
You might want to go to an autoparts store with a lage inventory of rad hosed. Park the Cobra, lift the hood and try to match hoses with their inventory. Hopefully the manager you be sympathetic to your plight and agree to let you see what they have that will match. There is a good chance you will find something. Good luck

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
coolcobra said:
I have been running the cooling mods that include the larger fluidyne radiator, relocated Evans thermostat housing, and relocated oil cooler. When I first installed this configuration a year ago, a just cut up the Ford upper radiator hose to couple the Evans thermostat housing to the fluidyne radiator. This required slighly kinking the hose and shortening it considerably to fit. I have participated in 5 road racing events with no problems, but recently the upper hose blew out.

Talking to Evans directly, they don't have a radiator hose that really fits this.
What has everyone else done with this semi-custom hose requirement. I am planning to go to the Shelby road racing event at Las Vegas at end of February and need some help on what to do.

I would PM ---> 03 cobra toy and ask him what he is running he has a ton of events under his belt with the Evans stuff on.

Also Shelbyguy has done a lot of events too... perhaps PM both of them ...

They are both mega track hounds and have gotten stock piston Terminators to survive many events even while running a smaller pulley.

There are some others as well but those immediately sprang to mind.
:beer:

WDW MKR

Established Member
I cut one of the stock coolant hoses and it fit without any kinks. Unfortunately, I can't remember what hose it was. I don't think it was the original hose than ran from the crossover to the radiator. This was way back when only a couple of use had these mods and it worked out great.

coolcobra

Established Member
I ended up buying a 21 inch hose with a metal braid on the outside. i made a loop from the engine outlet pipe to the thermostat. I used a 3 inch long std hose from the radiator to the thermostat. No kinks at all. Hope this works next week at the Shelby even at Las Vegas speedway;\ I'll post some pictures.

thanks for all of your comments.

Users who are viewing this thread