Radio Antenna

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
I really like what Chevy did with the Camaro convertible, if you have the RS package that is, putting the AM/FM antenna in the spoiler itself.

SIRLOIN

Established Member
I don't get the hate for the '10+ radio antenna? I think it looks great and in no way detracts from the look of the car. I disliked the whip antenna on the '05-'09 Mustangs, but really like the location and styling of the smaller antennas on the '10+ cars.

I guess that's what makes the world go around.

Well other than the fact that it looks absolutely retarded, it completely detracts from the look of the car IMO. Giant radio antenna's are a thing of the past, and i really wish Ford would get with the times. I don't know of too many cars that come with 3ft radio antenna's anymore other than Mustang's.

Ever wonder why shorty antenna's are so popular with Mustang's? It's because nobody wants a huge communicate with aliens antenna anywhere on their car. Just sayin...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice to see the bumpers still don't match on the white vehicles….

It's really hard to match the bumper covers to the rest of the car on the white cars.. White paint is much more white on metal than it is on the plastic bumper covers.

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
It's really hard to match the bumper covers to the rest of the car on the white cars.. White paint is much more white on metal than it is on the plastic bumper covers.

Clearly, I know on my sisters GT500 it's pretty much yellow. I could never own a white car because of that, it would drive me insane.....

Colleton

Established Member
Well other than the fact that it looks absolutely retarded, it completely detracts from the look of the car IMO. Giant radio antenna's are a thing of the past, and i really wish Ford would get with the times. I don't know of too many cars that come with 3ft radio antenna's anymore other than Mustang's.

Ever wonder why shorty antenna's are so popular with Mustang's? It's because nobody wants a huge communicate with aliens antenna anywhere on their car. Just sayin...

The antenna on the '10+ Mustang is less than a foot long, and actually looks pretty nice on the car. Your rant seems to be directed at the '05-'09 cars, not the current model.

SIRLOIN

Established Member
The antenna on the '10+ Mustang is less than a foot long, and actually looks pretty nice on the car. Your rant seems to be directed at the '05-'09 cars, not the current model.

Uh no... Yes i embellished the length of the antenna on the newer Mustangs, and trust me i know the difference between the two. Whether it's a foot long antenna or 6 inches, still doesn't change the fact that I and many others think it looks terrible, is out of place, and definitely takes away from the look of the car. Especially since we are talkin about a 55-65k 662 hp Mustang. A foot long antenna sticking out of the rear quarter panel on a car of this caliber, let alone any car nowadays is a :nono:

But hey, you like big radio antenna's on your car, cool. Obviously alot of people don't...:shrug:

02_Lightning

Established Member
Agree - we have the technology. Please FORD... MOVE THE ANTENNAE ELSEWHERE!!

The internet is a powerful tool and is what caused the F150 Lariat blondew wood trim of 2011 to be changed so quickly back to dark wood for 2012, 2013. Ford reads these boards and I wish they would move that crappy antennae location. Worst case, please put it back on the passeneger front fender.

VaporDude

Established Member
I would rather see the antenna on the rear of the car than the front of the car. I think it looks much better than previous years and I have had them both. Maybe Ford is reading this forum and maybe they listen to you guys. I don't care if there is an antenna on the car or not, as long as it isn't ugly and this one is much better than the 09 and prior. Maybe someone might be smart enough to come up with an antenna relocation kit. They have relocation kits for everything else for this car, why not an antenna.

People have to complain about something, why not the poor little ugly antenna.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Unless they put the antenna on the right rear fender as part of the retro theme, I think they should have put it in the windshield. Out of sight out of mind.
The rear mounted antenna is not a deal breaker for me.

Can you imagine the amount of whining there would be if Ford had decided to go retro on the antenna and installed a 36" metal telescopic antenna on the car.

Last edited:

SIRLOIN

Established Member
I would rather see the antenna on the rear of the car than the front of the car. I think it looks much better than previous years and I have had them both. Maybe Ford is reading this forum and maybe they listen to you guys. I don't care if there is an antenna on the car or not, as long as it isn't ugly and this one is much better than the 09 and prior. Maybe someone might be smart enough to come up with an antenna relocation kit. They have relocation kits for everything else for this car, why not an antenna.

Don't get me wrong, it's an improvement over the previous years for sure. I too hope Ford finally gets the memo and does away with the antenna once and for all. Place it in the back windshield or something. A relocation kit is a great idea, and I'm sure it would sell like hotcakes...

People have to complain about something, why not the poor little ugly antenna.

Hey i could complain about the 4X4 stance and the pathetic rear calipers too...:rolling: I'll save that for another thread lol!

cbrmuscle

Established Member
I plan on focusing on the tachometer rather than where my local radio station comes from... hahaha

Myfast70

Established Member
What I don't get is why auto makers don't just put them in the windshield. My '70 Camaro has the antenna embedded into the glass of my windshield and unless you're looking for it you can't even tell it's there. If they could do it in 1970 why can't they do it now?

finsrin

Established Member
Out-of-sight out-of mind antenna + new colors + new wheels + 20-30 more hp for 2014 = good marketing, good sales, dividends for shareholders.

After the 2013 GT500 arrives, like to install a power one.
Can one of you look? Room in trunk under antenna mount for a power one?

Alternative is to put body color plug in antenna hole. Maybe is no larger than antenna wire.
Mount street rod like antenna in lower inside of rear window. Did that on my Studebaker.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread