Radio Antenna

finsrin

Established Member
Does it appear to those of you with delivered GT500s that the stock antenna can be replaced with a power antenna ?
Are there two antennas ?
One for AM/FM and one for Nav etc.... ?

Snoopy49

Established Member
There is one fixed antenna for AM-FM on the right rear fender and a fixed blade antenna for satellite radio and nav on top of the trunk lid.

rford13

Established Member
This car showed up at the Ford dealer in the town I live in about a week before I got mine. It was not their car though, this car and four more and a couple Boss 302's are heading overseas. A local guy got five allocations from Ford somehow and is the one sending them to Europe but they had to be shipped to a Ford dealer first. This is the only one I've seen so far though that has the electric antenna.

2012-05-22_07-25-50_427.jpg

Snoopy49

Established Member
This is the only one I've seen so far though that has the electric antenna.

I made the same mistake thinking it was an electric antenna, one of the members said that the fixed antenna is attached to the stub you see in the photo.

Last edited:

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I made the same mistake thinking it was an electric antenna, one of the members said that the fixed antenna is attached to the stub you see in the photo.

He's kind of right. That little stub you see in the picture, is actually what the car comes shipped with to protect it from any rain or anything getting inside. It's just a small rubber stud. It unscrews from the base, and then the standard antenna screws in. No electric antenna.

When I picked mine up, I had requested the dealer not touch a thing on the car. So that stub was still on mine, and real antenna still in trunk. So trust me when I tell you that's all it is lol.

finsrin

Established Member
Like to try for a power antenna thatz up only when using radio.
Needs to be room under mount point for power mechanism.
Typical after market power antenna.

Snoopy49

Established Member
He's kind of right. That little stub you see in the picture, is actually what the car comes shipped with to protect it from any rain or anything getting inside. It's just a small rubber stud. It unscrews from the base, and then the standard antenna screws in. No electric antenna.

When I picked mine up, I had requested the dealer not touch a thing on the car. So that stub was still on mine, and real antenna still in trunk. So trust me when I tell you that's all it is lol.

I stand corrected, thanks for the information.

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
This car showed up at the Ford dealer in the town I live in about a week before I got mine. It was not their car though, this car and four more and a couple Boss 302's are heading overseas. A local guy got five allocations from Ford somehow and is the one sending them to Europe but they had to be shipped to a Ford dealer first. This is the only one I've seen so far though that has the electric antenna.

2012-05-22_07-25-50_427.jpg

Nice to see the bumpers still don't match on the white vehicles….

Colleton

Established Member
Does it appear to those of you with delivered GT500s that the stock antenna can be replaced with a power antenna ?
Are there two antennas ?
One for AM/FM and one for Nav etc.... ?

There are 3 antennas. The AM/FM radio antenna on the right rear fender, the sat radio antenna on the trunk lid, and the nav radio antenna under the dash. Of course, the 3rd antenna is only there if the car is equipped with nav.

I guess you could replace the AM/FM antenna with a power antenna, but I expect it would be pretty ugly.

02_Lightning

Established Member
YES!!!!!! Why can't Ford fix this antennae location? This spot looks absolutely TERRIBLE. This has been my biggest gripe on the new generation Mustang. They worked so hard to refine the look, and forgot about the antennae. They have the technology... they do a single mount, inconspicuous antennae on other vehicles like the Taurus. I love the antennae mount I have on my 2010 Cadillac CTS-V... just wish the Mustang had something similar. Whatever the case, it does NOT belong on the right, rear fender... looks like this:
38206450167_large.jpg

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
YES!!!!!! Why can't Ford fix this antennae location? This spot looks absolutely TERRIBLE. This has been my biggest gripe on the new generation Mustang. They worked so hard to refine the look, and forgot about the antennae. They have the technology... they do a single mount, inconspicuous antennae on other vehicles like the Taurus. I love the antennae mount I have on my 2010 Cadillac CTS-V... just wish the Mustang had something similar. Whatever the case, it does NOT belong on the right, rear fender... looks like this:
38206450167_large.jpg

Your CTS-V, much like most GM Vehicles, more than likely has the Antenna in the rear window....

why couldn't they put the antena in with the sat antena?

Because it would look like this more than likely

http://lotpro.com/blogphotos/General%20Motors/Chevrolet/Camaro/tn_M10%20pre%20prod%20antenna%201.jpg

Last edited:

SIRLOIN

Established Member
Antenna's on any car nowadays let alone a 13 Shelby is :nonono: Especially that hideous thing the new Mustangs/Shelby come with...:xpl:

terbo

Established Member
My 2009 370Z has the antenna built into the rear window, not some ugly stick hanging off the quarter panel. I wish they would have done that on the GT500.

Colleton

Established Member
I don't get the hate for the '10+ radio antenna? I think it looks great and in no way detracts from the look of the car. I disliked the whip antenna on the '05-'09 Mustangs, but really like the location and styling of the smaller antennas on the '10+ cars.

I guess that's what makes the world go around.

Users who are viewing this thread