RAM intake?

BlackMamba3

Established Member
Has anyone else seen this kit? If so, is anyone actually running it? I find it to be completely worthless on these cars.

wms-hvi11m.jpg

acrbill

Established Member
I think Shaun at AED tried that out awhile back. It seems like the short run to the TB would not allow good airflow over the MAF sensor but I am not an engineer.

65sohc

Established Member
I thought I remembered that but wasn't sure so I didn't post. I'm pretty sure it resulted in a dirty MAF signal, ie. turbulence.

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

Removed the link because there not an authorized vendor is he trying to sell it?
Shit we can't see it and talk about it???
That doesn't sound right to me.
This is coming from one of your first/oldest members. :shrug:

Has anyone else seen this kit? If so, is anyone actually running it? I find it to be completely worthless on these cars.

Link removed by moderator. Not an authorized vendor.

acrbill

Established Member
Yeah it does seem that SVTP is heading down the path of other Mustang forums that I avoid.

Removed the link because there not an authorized vendor is he trying to sell it?

Humboldt1498

Established Member
There can still be discussion of the product, you just can't link directly to outside vendors. OP needs to post a product description along with pictures. Posting a link to an outside vendor just makes it look like spam.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
There can still be discussion of the product, you just can't link directly to outside vendors. OP needs to post a product description along with pictures. Posting a link to an outside vendor just makes it look like spam.

While I agree with this to a point its also dumb that he needs to source pics and write or copy paste a description when he could simply add a link to the product with all the above in it already.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

The link was directly to a site with a ability to purchase from a non supporting vendor, so I removed it.

Yeah it does seem that SVTP is heading down the path of other Mustang forums that I avoid.

Sorry you feel that way.

Correct

While I agree with this to a point its also dumb that he needs to source pics and write or copy paste a description when he could simply add a link to the product with all the above in it already.

It takes as much time to copy/paste the link as the image. I don't think that he needs to write any specs, as the pic is pretty self explanitory.

I have inserted the picture .

86merc

Established Member
You can easily get the URL from the picture and find the website. So people really interested can see the info on their site. Just takes more work than clicking the link. haha I understand why there are rules to support sponsors though.

Anyways, If it had a ram air hood it might be worth doing some thing like that. But it seems to get most of the air from the small opening that the stock intake gets it's air from.

ramairduct.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread