Ram or exady

97cobra...

Established Member
I'm going to order my new clutch today and I've got it down to the exady stage 2 or the ram power grip I would like a little more input on both clutch personal experience or any other recommendations my car has long tubes full exhaust Jlt Sri and I'm going to be adding 4.10's and 100 shot soon so I want a clutch that I won't have to replace in a year again the car is gonna be my weekend worrier and hopefully see lots of track time if I can keep it from breaking again :)

laddanator

Established Member
I recommend McLeod. I put in a Centerforce Dual Friction about 6 weeks ago and I'm digging it. Was going with a McLeod but I got a killer deal on the CF.

Chris.94GT

Established Member
I had a Ram HDX disk fall apart on me, on the street. Street tires and stock power sheered the lining off of the disk, can't recall right off hand if it was pressure plate or flywheel side. Reused the Ram pressure plate but replaced the disk with a Centerforce DF

ETA - This was a clutch that was about a year old and less than 5k miles

561499_4390257801885_632659669_n.jpg

Last edited:

mark23svt

Established Member
I have ram right now, lets just say I have had 8 mustangs and several different clutches and this one is by far the worst I have had.

CJK440

Established Member
I had a bad ram experience too. I have a McLeod dual fiction in my fox and I really like it. Easy pedal feel, not too grabby.

CobraHuck

Established Member
I picked up a Ram from AM not long ago for my 5.0 car cuz it was on sale and alot of you guys have me second guessing that. Haven't put it in yet though, so idk....

My buddy just had MV Performance put in an Exedy in his '97 Cobra. It drives awesome, easy pedal feel (maybe ever so slightly stiffer than stock), grabs really well. Kinda wishing I would've gone with that over the Ram I bought.

THE RED 1

Wake up, piss excellence
Established Member
I had a ram powergrip HD in my fox and loved it, also ive had nothing but good experience with and center force product

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
I've installed an exedy clutch in a friends car, I did not like it at all and the TOB started to squeal within the first 200 miles. I told my buddy to buy the Ford TO bearing but he didn't listen to me. It sometimes feels like it slips a little too much when running it hard (procharged gt), mind you I installed an adjustable clutch cable, firewall adjuster and quadrant because the stock cable would not work with the exedy clutch even with the firewall adjuster and adjustable quadrant.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
Have an Exedy stage 2 here. Clutch operates awesome. Wish someone would have told me about the crappy throw-out bearing/ pilot bearing!!! Whichever one it is started making terrible noises about 400mi into it!!!!

BAD351W

Established Member
I have a Ram HDX in my car, good pedal feel and works well so far. But only have about 500 miles on it.

Bite u

Established Member
McLeod twin disk here... Came with the built trans setup when I bought it.. Handles 415/451 pretty good, this winter ima b upping from a 75 shot to a 125 shot so I expect around 460-470 hp and over 500 tq.. So we will see how she likes that... Love the pedal feel, it's lighter than stock, but there is not slipping the clutch at the stop lights that's for sure.

Thought ram made a twin disk also?

Users who are viewing this thread