Ran 12.2 @ 125.0 mph, please advise regarding bog

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
So I was running 12.04 at 127mph with a 2.1 60 foot bone stock. I was having the same problem as you and talked to snorman. He gave the same advice I just gave you. Looked at his posts for the proof in the pudding u are looking for. Since I don't seem to have a. Clue. :bash:

Your posts are hard to read. Are you saying your best 60' is a 2.1 slipping the clutch?

Njtony

Established Member
This car is a bitch to launch well stock on stock tires. For every run that was 2.0 or better sixty foot time I had 5 that weren't . Putting drag radials on solved the bad sixty times but the computer will bog the car no matter what without a tune. I can do 1.8's all day at atco with the dr's but can't seem to do better even with great traction. On stock tires use mode 7 and set the rpm at the figure that causes the car to spin slightly while launching. For atco that ranges from 3200 to 3700.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I spoke with Lund at the track and requested the clutch protection to be disabled. He said no problem and gave me the tune he was running in his '14. I have no clue if he does it on all the tunes now but I can definitely tell you it changed after the tune. i only had 3 runs on my car before the tune but experienced the bog and what I felt was the ECP. Afterward the car was actually harder to race on the factory tires because it would spin at the top of first and I needed to pedal it. I'm optimistic the car will be much more enjoyable with the DRs when I get it back to the track.
-J

mds370

Established Member
This past Saturday I ran the street tire class at Atco. . I started off with 2.1x-2.3x 60fts. I had been running 11.9s-12.0s during time trials. Then once eliminations started I managed a couple of 2.0 60fts . I wonder what this pass would have been if i didn't have to get out of it for the win. My trap speeds had been 123-126 mph prior to this run. This was on the factory goodyears with 30psi using mode 7.
23b6.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Last edited:

SVTKen

Established Member
This past Saturday I ran the street tire class at Atco. . I started off with 2.1x-2.3x 60fts. I had been running 11.9s-12.0s during time trials. Then once eliminations started I managed a couple of 2.0 60fts . I wonder what this pass would have been if i didn't have to get out of it for the win. My trap speeds had been 123-126 mph prior to this run. This was on the factory goodyears with 30psi using mode 7.
23b6.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

I assume you were not using the launch control on this run, correct?

mds370

Established Member
I assume you were not using the launch control on this run, correct?

yes, I was using launch control . It took some practice to avoid the bog(clutch protection). The track prep was better than I normally race on.

Last edited:

SVTKen

Established Member
yes, I was using launch control . It took some practice to avoid the bog(clutch protection). The track prep was better than I normally race on.

Okay, thanks for the info in the drag times thread too. I also found that a quick steady release worked best for "limiting" the bog. It's good to know that you and several others have been able to get into the 2.0x 60 ft times with the launch control. I was getting wheelspin, especially at the top of first gear. On one run, just about everything went wrong (bog, wheelspin, 2.3 60 ft), and it still pulled off a 12.3 @ over 125 mph. This car is a beast! Now I need to figure out how to tame it :)

mds370

Established Member
Okay, thanks for the info in the drag times thread too. I also found that a quick steady release worked best for "limiting" the bog. It's good to know that you and several others have been able to get into the 2.0x 60 ft times with the launch control. I was getting wheelspin, especially at the top of first gear. On one run, just about everything went wrong (bog, wheelspin, 2.3 60 ft), and it still pulled off a 12.3 @ over 125 mph. This car is a beast! Now I need to figure out how to tame it :)

It took some seat time for me to figure it out. Practice and have fun. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread