Ran a 5.0 tonight in my new C6 GS LS3.......

SicShelby09

Banned
This got ugly quick.
Original post is good thanks for sharing.
Although the (430hp) 2012 Corvette will handle a new 5.0 (stock for stock), as will a C5 Z06.

Yeah. SO you can imagine my surprise when we was at my door the whole time as I was powershifting.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Video of the one 5.0 guy that manned up!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/858544-c5z-vs-m5-vs-13-5-0-vs-evo.html

Follow up***********

I raced zyborg in his c5z06 with intake, full exhaust and tune against my 13 GT with tune only, lost by about a bus or so lol maybe more...Zyborg's car is beast and he is super cool peoples:beer:

Here, is all the footage that i got from that day, thanks again for coming out and having a blast regardless of the outcome. Im looking forward to more good times hanging with you and our girlfriends :beer:

Nobody beats Zyborg, nobody.

:rockon: :beer:

I appreciate the vote of confidence but i guess someone forgot to tell that to the EVO on the video. :lol1:

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
evo's bend him over and make him their bitch!!! Haha

Funny guy eh? :lol:

Not when they are making in my power range or a little higher... :poke:

[youtube_browser]sd5gaCQv6sY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube_browser]

SicShelby09

Banned
**Update**

So I went to the same car show tonight that I met the dude with the 5.0 at. His buddies actually came up to me asking if I was the one that the guy with the mustang raced. I was able to ask them what he had, and they claim he only had exhaust and 20" wheels. Im not so sure about that because he was winding that car out, and I know how far you can take a stock 5.0..... Once you hit that 6850 soft limiter, the car falls on its face. Anyway, they texted their friend and maybe I will see him next week for some more races......AND on video this time. They were all very cool guys, and I know next time we are going to make sure we are both in the same gear and so on. Also I know he was starting in 1st. So that would change things. Rematch - SOON.

germeezy1

Established Member
You can almost bet that he is lying because exhaust only 2013 GT's don't normally beat LS3 C6's GS or not. Good runs, and good to see that you are not ashamed that you lost.

SicShelby09

Banned
You can almost bet that he is lying because exhaust only 2013 GT's don't normally beat LS3 C6's GS or not. Good runs, and good to see that you are not ashamed that you lost.

Yeah Im sure there is more done to it. And for the record I didnt loose. We were dead even. But thats what puzzled me. My car should have a pretty big weight advantage, and still would make more power stock to stock. Gearing might be in his favor if hes running 3.73s, but not by much. Again, we will see.

:rolling:

cababah

Established Member
They all run and hide after I rape them on the street. Both of you guys don't even have enough respect to give a thumbs up to one of the best muscle cars built after you get your ass handed to you.

Muscle cars by definition don't have to rely on FI to make their power. The Terminator is a relatively small 4.6L V8 strapped with a supercharger...hardly the recipe for a "muscle car" lol

Is an EVO with 30psi of boost that rapes the shit out your car also a "muscle car" just because it is fast?

ALL of the Mustangs are PONY cars. The only current "muscle car" being built IMO is the Challenger.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Muscle cars by definition don't have to rely on FI to make their power. The Terminator is a relatively small 4.6L V8 strapped with a supercharger...hardly the recipe for a "muscle car" lol

Is an EVO with 30psi of boost that rapes the shit out your car also a "muscle car" just because it is fast?

ALL of the Mustangs are PONY cars. The only current "muscle car" being built IMO is the Challenger.
You do realize this was posted a year ago… right?………...:bash:

Sick03Vert

Banned

attachment.php

So...lemme get this straight. The only muscle car being built right now, in your opinion, is the slowest one of them all?

eddiemurphyyesnodapprov.gif

cababah

Established Member
attachment.php

So...lemme get this straight. The only muscle car being built right now, in your opinion, is the slowest one of them all?

eddiemurphyyesnodapprov.gif

Yes, major necro-post on my part

I didn't say the Challenger was the fastest of them all; I just said it followed the muscle car formula the closest (large V8 front-engine, RWD, large/heavy platform). Everyone seems to think that a fast coupe with a V8 = "muscle car"...especially when they are using tiny displacement smallblock V8 engines...:rolleyes:

someone-on-the-internet-is-wrong.jpg

Last edited:

blackvette101

Established Member

I didn't say the Challenger was the fastest of them all; I just said it followed the muscle car formula the closest (large V8 front-engine, RWD, large/heavy platform). Everyone seems to think that a fast coupe with a V8 = "muscle car"...especially when they are using tiny displacement smallblock V8 engines...:rolleyes:

GT500's and camaros are both heavy as hell. And they both have over 350CI which was the standard size muscle car motor of the 60's.

Sick03Vert

Banned

I didn't say the Challenger was the fastest of them all; I just said it followed the muscle car formula the closest (large V8 front-engine, RWD, large/heavy platform). Everyone seems to think that a fast coupe with a V8 = "muscle car"...especially when they are using tiny displacement smallblock V8 engines...:rolleyes:[\QUOTE]

Hmmm.....

1965-mustang-289-emblem.jpg

Last edited:

cababah

Established Member

I didn't say the Challenger was the fastest of them all; I just said it followed the muscle car formula the closest (large V8 front-engine, RWD, large/heavy platform). Everyone seems to think that a fast coupe with a V8 = "muscle car"...especially when they are using tiny displacement smallblock V8 engines...:rolleyes:[\QUOTE]

Hmmm.....

1965-mustang-289-emblem.jpg

Is that the first car that comes to your mind when you think of a muscle car?

To each his own I guess

kozumasbullitt

Established Member

I thought the gt500 was a big block?

phatman

Established Member
Wow! I guess a Grand National isn't an 80s style muscle car either?
But, a 78 T/A non Ws6 package would be considered a muscle car? Are you saying only cars that came with, 454s, 396s, 427s, 429s, 428, 426, 440s, 340s, 350s, 351s and possibly 302s the only muscle cars that exist?

That statement sounds like an old man who refuses to let the past go! The fact of the matter is, any American car that comes with a high performance engine could actually classify as a muscle car. Cars in the 60s were high 14 second cars and you needed steep gears, uncapped headers and a big cam to gain power. NEW MUSCLE cars are so efficient, that we can now drive our cars to the track, run 11s and drive home.

So! A GT500 with FI does not classify as a muscle car, but a Chevelle with a big blower (Forced Injection) protruding through the roof does? Can you say major contradiction!!

A new Challenger is the best looking car in this PONY CAR error, however, the Camaro, Mustang, along with the Challenger are all modern day muscle cars! Your statement is very bias. Hell, I would classify the Charger as a Muscle car, as well as my CTS-V!

86merc

Established Member
Originally a muscle car was defined as a midsize car with the largest v8 engine offerings of the day. The Mustang, Camaro and Challanger we not midsize car. So they were considered "pony cars". They were small 2 door cars that still had v8 engines in them.

The muscle cars back then were good for strait racing. Nothing else. They were nose heavy and handled poorly and had brakes that were not up to the job of slowing these large cars with the power they had. The pony cars were lighter and made decent power but handled much better than then their muscle car brethren. Now decades later we have small engines making big power numbers in the Mustang, Challenger and Camaro. Not only do these cars outrun the old muscle cars but they out handle and brake them as well. Well rounded cars like the old pony cars. But by the original definition the Mustang, Camaro and Challanger would be pony cars. The Charger would be considered a muscle car because it is a mid size car and has the largest v8 motor the company manufactures in it.

I think people think the term "pony car" isn't mescaline enough. So they prefer the term "muscle car". Bottom line who cares what people call one car or another. haha There is no real right or wrong answer because as times change the original definitions or formulas do not work in the current offerings. Especially since emissions and fuel economy forced manufactures to make smaller and more efficient motors. They address the power numbers by adding forced induction. Who is gonna cry over that? Really? lmao

Users who are viewing this thread