ran a syclone

Wild Bill

Established Member
This last monday night after work my girl and I decided to go for a nice drive with the top down after work,as the weather was perfect.I was filling up at the 76 on sunset and saw a small black pickup flying around the curve.I noticed it was a syclone as it went by and since I was done filling up decided to try and catch up.I managed to catch him at green valley and sunset and got right beside him at the light.I looked over and gave props on the sweet sycone(I always thought they were badass).He said thanks and asked if mine was an 03.Well when the light went green I just eased out because I didnt know if he would want to run,and he did the same.We both kind of just rolled into wot and he hung for a second then I pulled hard.Too bad he didnt launch on me,that would have been fun.He said hes only running 10psi right now and only running 13.2s at the track(about what a stock Z06 does here with our D/A).Well I finally got to run one of those after all these years,just glad I was in the cobra for it.

florida03

Banned
Those where and still are one of my favorite.
My buddy back in the day had a GNX and a Typhoon suv, very cool
and could be made to be nasty especially from a dig. He had a
turbo upgrade, a stall, and a 75 shot.

tigerwoods

Established Member
nice kill, i love those trucks. they are hard to race though. when i had my typhoon it would do real good from a dig and then fall flat on its face. then i would go from a roll and it would be doggy and the turbo would spool and take off fast. it was fun as long as i was racing the right person.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
You win - Good Kill!:beer:

A few months back I had my Sy out, and by chance met up with a few guys in an '03 Cobra. Turns out they were out for a test drive with the Sales manager of the dealership. :-D We were talking in a parking lot and I put my hood up to show them what I had done to the truck. The Sales Manager told me he used to own a Grand National and had it built up pretty good, so he knew what my Sy was capable of. Anyway, by chance we ended up out on the bypass, side by side at ~50mph. Looked at each other and grinned. He mashed it then I did as well. Well, at that point I was running VP C16 and 20psi, so by 100mph I had about 4-5 cars on them and got out of it. Made me happy as I know even stock 03 Cobras are damn fast, so if I can pull on one like that, that means my Sy flies! We exchanged thumbs up and went our separate ways.

Geez, I wish I made enough ca$hola to be able to afford ALL of the cars I like.:rollseyes I'd have a new Cobra for sure.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Originally posted by HAMMRHEAD
Geez, I wish I made enough ca$hola to be able to afford ALL of the cars I like.:rollseyes I'd have a new Cobra for sure.

Well, I'm sure your SRT-10 is a blast, and all, but that truck's price alone will afford you a 10-second Terminator...

bross03cobra

Established Member
WildBill,
Nice representing us Cobra guys with your mean machine. Those cyclones can be some pretty nasty machines when the wicks are turned up on them. There was a guy out here with abuilt one running 28lbs of boost. He sold it before we had a chance to run though.:shrug:

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
Originally posted by Wild Bill
This last monday night after work my girl and I decided to go for a nice drive with the top down after work,as the weather was perfect.I was filling up at the 76 on sunset and saw a small black pickup flying around the curve.I noticed it was a syclone as it went by and since I was done filling up decided to try and catch up.I managed to catch him at green valley and sunset and got right beside him at the light.I looked over and gave props on the sweet sycone(I always thought they were badass).He said thanks and asked if mine was an 03.Well when the light went green I just eased out because I didnt know if he would want to run,and he did the same.We both kind of just rolled into wot and he hung for a second then I pulled hard.Too bad he didnt launch on me,that would have been fun.He said hes only running 10psi right now and only running 13.2s at the track(about what a stock Z06 does here with our D/A).Well I finally got to run one of those after all these years,just glad I was in the cobra for it.

bsflag.gif

haha... I am coming for you Bill. As soon as I get that brown box here you are going down... hehe

Nice kill man. Maybe I'll see him around town.

Are you gonna come out to the track on Friday?

03CobraBro

Established Member
Those were awsome trucks. I wanted to get one when I was in high school, but then I had found was in bad shape plus the guy wanted way too much, so I just ended up getting an R/T with my dads discount. Granted the R/T is no Syclone I didnt regret it, though it would have been sweet as hell to have syclone. Dad, back when the trucks were still in production, would have got one new if he had known they were being built. The years they were being built (90 to 92) were the years dad was stationed in Germany.

Anyway, sounds like alot of fun. Rare as hell to see driving by, let alone pulling up to the line with one.

o3Edge777

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
Nice Kill

but i still wanna see a vid of a stock Syclone and a Stock Lighting go at it from 0-120

That'd be a great vid.. But no one has one..

Wild Bill

Established Member
Re: Re: ran a syclone

Originally posted by stevenscamaross
bsflag.gif

haha... I am coming for you Bill. As soon as I get that brown box here you are going down... hehe

Nice kill man. Maybe I'll see him around town.

Are you gonna come out to the track on Friday?
Lol.
I wont go down without a fight though.I'll go to watch you run,but it wont be till about 12am.Will you still be there.I think we should both run the guy with the whipple!

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
Yea I'll still be out there. I have about 3 runs left on my drag radials so we shall see. Did the guy with the Whipple get it tuned yet?

03DOHC

Established Member
Those are cool trucks. I got to drive a typhoon that got traded into the dealer. I really really liked it but it was out of my price range at the time.

Good kill. :beer:

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Originally posted by carrrnuttt
Well, I'm sure your SRT-10 is a blast, and all, but that truck's price alone will afford you a 10-second Terminator...

Yeah, once again with the pricetag, I have the ability to figure that one out on my own - thanks. Thing is, the things I want are obviously not the same as the things you want, and I prefer the stock SRT-10 over a 10 second Terminator at this point in my life. Hope that's ok? I already have one 10 second capable vehicle, and as much fun as it is, it causes me enough headaches. <---Most everybody with a 10 second vehicle, regardless of make, knows what I mean.

What I meant was if I had the means to gather all of the vehicles I wanted, a Terminator would be on that list. Just not at the top of the list.

Kiddk1

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL
Established Member
Nice kill, my brother used to own a cyclone, I used to drive it every so often, back then when it first came out, nobody would beat you, really fast truck.

Users who are viewing this thread