Ran at the strip tonight.. stock 98 Cobra

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
Hit up cecil county dragway tonight in my `98 Cobra. Its BONE STOCK except for eibach sportlines...(no mufflers, no short throw,no gears) 46953miles. Anyway, I'll post a cell phone pic of the slip, then a pic of said car. IDK how some of you guys with gears and bolt ons are stuck in the mid 13s... :shrug: discuss...

doworkson1.jpg

amcarshow304.jpg

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Cecil happens to be one of the fastest tracks in the country and is downhill if I'm not mistaken? I think its below sea level DA? I remember when I was like 20 a kid I knew ran like 13.9 there once and could barely break into the 14s at Island Dragway right by my house.

Last edited:

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
The air was perfect tonight, track was a little loose tho. The track is good, the slow down lane is down hill however. Cecil and Atco are the tracks to be at in New England man

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
The air was perfect tonight, track was a little loose tho. The track is good, the slow down lane is down hill however. Cecil and Atco are the tracks to be at in New England man

Yeah with a 104mph trap you could've been into the upper 12s. Run at Island you'll see more normal times.

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
I know what I coulda been doin, but this launch with stock gears is iffy. My 2nd (and last run) was a 2.2 60' [email protected]

Tried to get aggressive with the launch and it felt better, but the numbers were slower. I've got a set of 275/60/15 MT ET streets on 15" welds I can use...but it will just bog at launch, even on a high rpm side step

ChromeSnake98

Established Member
That's pretty impressive. Mine with a shorty shifter 410's a drop in k&n and cat back wouldn't even break 13's. I know I can drive and I can launch the car off the line with next to no wheel spin but the second my imrcs open up I'm sideways in first second and third and can't turn better than a 14.2 with a trap of 101 I also run at new England dragway which might as well be a skating rink but wow nice run... Are u running drag radials??? I think if I got a set I'd prob shave at least a half a sec

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
That's flying... I wish I had a good track by me. Don't they say Cecil is like 7' short of an actual 1/4 mile?

Your trap speed is killer, especially for a stock car.

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
No drag radials. 245/45/17 BFG KDWs

Not sure about the 7' short thing. My last 98 Cobra I had cpl years ago went 13.72@102 box stock when I got it, so I was expecting that..but the 104 trap kinda surprised me. I pooped on quite a few of the bolt on 2v guys' times last night. There were 2 bolt on cars running 14.0@99. I promptly pointed and laughd

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
looks good I have trapped as high as 105.6 before, but last time at the track I couldn't get more than a hair under 103. your MPH is great, what tires are you running?

I outta go to Cecil as I cant get traction worth a crap at 75-80, I have to pedal it all the way through 1st and second which is my problem at the track even with the stock 3.27's, more power and no traction means you gotta pedal the car down the track, your car seems to be right in the sweet spot.

your 1/8th mph is really high, you sure that the car doesn't have any gears in it?

Last edited:

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
I'm 100% sure its all stock. Tires are posted a couple posts up. My next mods are gonna be 4.10s, o/r X, and pullies... should trap 108ish and be into the 12s. (Street tires) I did the same mods to my last ar and hit 12s. Search my threads and you will see.

blk96SVT

Established Member
Are you positive you have the stock 3.27's out back?!? That trap and et are not even close to what "stock" Cobras run, if so, props, good run. Stock I ran 13.9 at 99. With 4.30's, CB, shifter and DR's I ran 13.2 at 104.6.

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
I'm 100% sure on 327s. It'll do like 45 in first gear. I'll shoot a video tomorrow for you guys if you don't believe me..plus exhaust clip. Car still has t-tags on it.

Last edited:

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
just cause the tags are on the diff doesnt mean it has stock gears. Those traps are high for a stock car something is not right. I have 15 passes with my car at cecil and 104 was my highest trap and i have 4.10s, full suspension, and ran m/t et streets sidestepping the clutch at 7200

Theres something done to your car you do not know about or the timers at cecil were off for some reason that day. FYI( i have seen this happen before)

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
nice time...my KB Cobra was running that on street tires 13.0-13.3 at 107 mph...ur car really runs lol...(on radials it was diff thol...love heatsoak)

Users who are viewing this thread