Ran the 1/4....quite disapponted

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
I almost want to throw out the idea of a tranny problem. Does it feel like the tranny maybe slipping?

Im Blown

deployed to the sandbox.
Established Member
I re-checked everything that I could think of and found that my i/c pump isn't working, but it was working a few days ago...So I checked/cleaned the electrical connections (didn't help), then I hit it lightly with a ball peen [spelling?] hammer and it kicked on and stays on now. I did notice that the pump seems to run hard for three seconds or so and then "eases off" for 2 seconds then repeats. This power surge is also visible in the reservoir tank, but it does continue to move coolant when it "eases off". Is this surging normal or should I buy another pump?

I suppose that could be the reason behind a 14 second pass...i/c failure

03BlkCobra1

Established Member
Yeah if your still on the stock 00 MAF then thats where the problem is. Deff need to make sure you have a 90mm atleast. When I got my truck dynoed with just a intake they said I was close to maxing mine out so deff find out whats going on with that if its maxed could explain alot of the issues.

00 white lightn

Established Member
Im Blown said:
So last night I took the L to the local drag strip (Bradenton Motor Speedway)
It was approximately 88 degrees with very high humidity. I launched twice from idle and twice from 1k rpm with the same outcome, I had very good traction (no spinning at all)
Here is what my best time slip looks like:
R/T .008
60' 2.144
330 6.001
1/8 9.101
@ 79mph
1000 11.796
1/4 14.080
@97.87

My truck: 2000 Lightning
My mods are: 6lb lower, Diablo Revolution Chip(with dyno-tune by coastal dyno), AirRaid c/a/i, Bassani headers, JDM Bullet cat-back ex., NGK TR6's, EGR block-off, PVC to seperate filters mod, "Boost-kill by pass" mod, Royal Purple oil, and brand new Hankook tires.

What gives? aren't the lightnings supposed to run 13.9 seconds in the 1/4stock? :shrug: I am so frustrated I just want to throw my wet zex kit on against my tuners advice (he said the stock rods are too weak)!
Any helpful feedback would be appreciated

I ran my 2000 and I ran a 13.6 my time slip is in my sig check it out. My 60 ft time is better than yours by like a 1/10th you might need to look into getting a tune. I think it is in the tune.

Last edited:

SvtFireFighter

03SvtFireFighter
Established Member
I live in Plant City not far from you if you want me to help you tunes and info give me a PM with your number Ill give you a call.

CHICOSVT

Established Member
Something is definetly wrong with ur truck man! What it is?? (i dont know) But i know that my buddy has a 6#, CAI, Catback and a tune from Coastal and will run high twelves- low 13's all day @ Bradenton.

BTW ur truck looks really familiar who did u buy it from?? DREW??

Last edited:

Im Blown

deployed to the sandbox.
Established Member
yeah, i bought mine from Drew...I've had it about 2-3 months now and I've put about $2k in it so far...going back to the track this thursday night...wanna go?

-Joshua my cell (813)493-0292

CHICOSVT

Established Member
damn thats cool!! i dont think i can make it cause my truck is goin in to Sam's shop on thursday night but maybe some other time we can all get together and head out there.

Tell me did u ever remove the old chip from that truck?

afchad

11 seconds to poop on!
Established Member
If you guys make a track run to Bradenton...I am in.:-D

BTW...Sam over at Coastal Dyno does ALOT of guys' tunes here locally (mine included) and does a bang-up job.

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
MAS is one key...
Heat and humid is another...
60fts are killing you also....

Get those 3 under control and you will like the truck again.

Im Blown

deployed to the sandbox.
Established Member
CHICOSVT said:
damn thats cool!! i dont think i can make it cause my truck is goin in to Sam's shop on thursday night but maybe some other time we can all get together and head out there.

Tell me did u ever remove the old chip from that truck?

Yeah the chip was gone when i bought it...Sam @coastal put a Diablo Revolution chip in it as well as a 6lb'er...What else you know about this truck?

Thanks,
Joshua

*BTW I took off the plenum and the measured the MAF, it is 90mm I.D.*

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread