Ran the Coyote Tonight

JStrib

No SVT for me
Established Member
Well I ran the 2011 at the track tonight and I'm very pleased with it. Only picture of a timeslip I will bother putting up is the best pass, but I'll give a run down of the other passes as well. Keep in mind the car is BONE stock on a whoppin' 235 wide street tire.

First pass was a 13.6@109 with a crap 2.38 60'. While disappointing, this is after driving 3 hours down from Jackson, teching straight in, and making a pass. No tire pressure adjustments or anything.

Second pass was a 13.16@110 with a 2.15 60'. The burnout was a little better, and we tried a little something something on the tires. I don't think that made a difference though, honestly.

Third pass was almost identical, 13.17@109 with a 2.14 60'. Not thrilled about the performance at this point, but not terribly disappointed either.

Fourth pass was a Hail Mary for the 12's on street tires. I pulled out the air filter and took the engine cover off for a negligible 3lb or so weight difference. I also finally dropped the tire pressure to 25psi. The car didn't know what the Hell to do without a filter. It sputtered and bucked down the track for a thoroughly impressive 13.41@111 with a 2.24 60'. Let's not do that again.

Fifth pass was my fastest, after putting the air filter and engine cover back on, at a [email protected] with a 2.07 60'. I had finally figured out the best burnout with the car and the air was getting cooler. I'm very happy with this pass! Although not a record breaker by any means, it's a 12 second pass bone stock with street tires. It's a solid platform as far as I'm concerned.

Last pass unfortunately ended up pretty much being a hot lap, but still squeezed out a [email protected] with a 2.06 60'. Glad to end the night on a high note!

Now for a couple of pictures...:coolman:

0772ea17.jpg

e7481eda.jpg

deba37d5.jpg

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Not bad. I've always had decent luck with dropping a little air out of the radials and keeping the wheel speed up through the 60'.

Swetrid

Established Member
Nice times, I managed a 12.88 at 112 on my stock 18s as well. These cars are very tricky on stock tires to get a good launch.

Onefstpny

WOT you Say ???
Established Member
Damn...you wanted to run bad to drive to Gulfport, we been going to Lena on Friday and Saturday night, good time on stock rubbers.

mikestoyz

Established Member
Impressive for Gulfport, that place usually sucks butt for traction...lets not talk about track/car management.

Anyway, yes, MikeLTDLX showed me the way from a 13 sec slip to a 12 sec slip by airing the stock tires down(and I have the 19" brembo wheels)

Believe it or not, these cars do damn well being hotlapped!

Shift points seem to do best 1-2 6600, 2-3 6700 3-4 6800

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Impressive for Gulfport, that place usually sucks butt for traction...lets not talk about track/car management.

Anyway, yes, MikeLTDLX showed me the way from a 13 sec slip to a 12 sec slip by airing the stock tires down(and I have the 19" brembo wheels)

Believe it or not, these cars do damn well being hotlapped!

Shift points seem to do best 1-2 6600, 2-3 6700 3-4 6800

+1 on the hot lap.

5lho

Established Member
Yeppers on the hot lap. We had a low car count and got open staging for the last hour or so of my last time out. I must have put about 6 or 7 hits back to back and the thing never skipped a beat or slowed up.

The wheelhop was absolutely brutal on the Brembo 19s and PZeros. MF was still hopping on the shift to 4th. I need to tame this for durability's sake, not to mention consistency. Roush upper it is, on the way. Track wasn't so good, either as it was the first day of the season. I did put a 12.90 on one pass but everything else was a hop-fest into the low 13s. Got 'er up to 112 mph though, at least.

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Yeah, I went 12.8 @ 112 at Gulfport with mine on street rubber and the Pro-Cal. That was the only pass out of 4 where I did not fear for my life. It was a crap pass at that, with a 2.1 60 foot...but I got it down the track with a 12 second pass. That track is terrible.

Good run!

Mike

JStrib

No SVT for me
Established Member
Went racing again tonight at Lena up here outside of Jackson. Got 3 runs that were better than wednesday! I got a 12.88, a 12.86, and my best pass of the night was a 12.84 @112.35! 60' came down a little too with a 2.010...Here are pictures and videos! The pass where I'm racing another 5.0 is my 12.84 pass, and the other video is the 12.86 pass.

d26786d5.jpg

f44cf049.jpg

4d84fd7c.jpg

th_IMG_0360.jpg

868ad46c.jpg

th_IMG_0361.jpg

19c1fa9b.jpg

Can't wait to get a tire so I can actually get into the converter a little bit! :coolman:

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
holy crap, are you just parked in a spot where there just happened to be almost no cars or is the whole day like that? The tracks here look like a parking lot at Disneyland. Were lucky to get 2-3 runs a whole day/night :/. Im envious if its that empty all the time. lol.

JStrib

No SVT for me
Established Member
holy crap, are you just parked in a spot where there just happened to be almost no cars or is the whole day like that? The tracks here look like a parking lot at Disneyland. Were lucky to get 2-3 runs a whole day/night :/. Im envious if its that empty all the time. lol.

No, I was just one of the first people there...The timing equipment wasn't even on yet. What can I say, I was excited to go racing again! :beer:

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Damn...you wanted to run bad to drive to Gulfport, we been going to Lena on Friday and Saturday night, good time on stock rubbers.

We gonna need the hit in Jim's car so bring yo ass to the track! :thumbsup:

Perks of being early on a TNT night. Saturday nights usually are a bigger crowd but I myself prefer the slow nights. :D

Users who are viewing this thread