Random act of coolness happened today

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
Currently I am a Air Force Instructor at the University of Utah. I had just gotten a flyby squared away for our 4 Oct Utah vs USC game with the unit that's supporting it. I had to walk over to our Athletic Marketing Department to pick up the tickets to the game for the crew that is doing the flyby.

Well I was walking into the building a noticed a brand new Mercedes SLS parked out front with the temp tags still on it. When I walked in, I asked the secretary whose car it was. She said "this guys right here". The guy walked out and was super friendly and said "yeah come take a look". Next thing you know, he asked if I wanted to drive it, and I couldn't say no. He let me get on it pretty good, for about 10 miles or so. It's not every day some random awesome dude lets you beat up on his 200K car with less than 160 miles on it. Pretty cool if you ask me. I felt like Jeremy Clarkston.

imag0518m.jpg

Last edited:

HIonPSI

Established Member
Thats awesome man. Props to that guy for being nice enough to let you to check it out/drive it, I cant stand stuck up people who drive those expensive cars. Thank you for your service.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
When I was a valet I was one of the few people in my company who got to drive one of those bad boys. I remember the first time the dude pulled up and I went to grab the door for him and was like WTF. He kindly pointed down then I figured it out haha.

Badass car and I'm glad the dude was nice enough to let you drive it!

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
That's awesome! It's always good to hear stories like this, knowing there are still nice, caring, and respectful people out there. I hope it was a blast and a memory you won't forget. And thank you, OP, for your service!

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
Very cool. There is a guy like that here with a modded GTR that runs 9.2 in the 1/4. Granted he doesnt let just anyone drive it but he will let anyone sit in it and start it up.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Currently I am a Air Force Instructor at the University of Utah. I had just gotten a flyby squared away for our 4 Oct Utah vs USC game with the unit that's supporting it. I had to walk over to our Athletic Marketing Department to pick up the tickets to the game for the crew that is doing the flyby.

Well I was walking into the building a noticed a brand new Mercedes SLS parked out front with the temp tags still on it. When I walked in, I asked the secretary whose car it was. She said "this guys right here". The guy walked out and was super friendly and said "yeah come take a look". Next thing you know, he asked if I wanted to drive it, and I couldn't say no. He let me get on it pretty good, for about 10 miles or so. It's not every day some random awesome dude lets you beat up on his 200K car with less than 160 miles on it. Pretty cool if you ask me. I felt like Jeremy Clarkston.

imag0518m.jpg

Uniform has it's perks :beer: Still waiting for my cool moment...I did get a free beer once lol

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
I don't see what the big deal is. You can drive my car if it means that much to ya... :lol1:

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Sick! I valet, and last night I had one of those guys that wouldn't let me valet his car - it was a replica Cobra. I said whatever, but he tipped well. I do love those guys who offer to let you drive their nice cars though.

ssssnake

Established Member
Well I was walking into the building a noticed a brand new Mercedes SLS parked out front with the temp tags still on it. When I walked in, I asked the secretary whose car it was. She said "this guys right here". The guy walked out and was super friendly and said "yeah come take a look". Next thing you know, he asked if I wanted to drive it, and I couldn't say no. He let me get on it pretty good, for about 10 mi

I bet it made him feel good too. A neat thing to do for one of our servicemen and women. :beer:

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
O thank you. There is rougher people out there doing better things than me for sure though.

i spent ten years in the Army...and i mean this from the bottom of my heart, the AF has some of the most down to earth people you can hope to meet in the service.

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
i spent ten years in the Army...and i mean this from the bottom of my heart, the AF has some of the most down to earth people you can hope to meet in the service.

:beer:

The car is downright cool. It sounds so awesome. It's quick for sure with a smooth power band. I just wanted to drive it and say powaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! The entire time.

Users who are viewing this thread