Random sticker under hoodblanket?

red351wcobra

Established Member
Well I desided to go ahead and remove the hoodblanket to clean up the engine compartment alittle. I noticed a small piece of masking tape that had been painted over. I started to pull a corner up and noticed it was coverin a sticker that said mustang on it. I know that it was obviously put on at the factory. But why would they put tape over it? (Maybe something fluke on the assembly line). I have owned this car since new, 2 miles. It has never been in a wreck. Just curious if anyone else has this on there Terminators.

photo1-4.jpg

photo3-4.jpg

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member
I have the same pieces of tape under my hood. It shows the build number of your car.

I have yet to remove mine, though.

red351wcobra

Established Member
SSSNAKE03: I think if I just left it alone, the tape was going to come off anyway. I will probably put a piece of clear tape over it to preserve the sticker from water,and whatever else.

greengt88

Established Member
I had a piece on the center frame of the hood on mine, i peeled it off. i'm going to have the whole hood repainted anyway.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I could see this thread maybe being useful to someone in another 30 years...

wvmystichrome

Established Member
^^^Why not now? I replaced my hood blanket and I did not remember seeing anything like either of the two stickers. It makes me want to take it off and check it to some degree.

red351wcobra

Established Member
I agree, I'm sure this will be usefull one way or another down the road.It's funny how there are different stickers that put under the hoods..I wonder what other stickers Ford put on our cars throught the years..
On my rear bumper cover there is a sticker that say Terminator. I'll get a picture of that latter and post it..

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
Intrigued! Pulled my blanket off some time ago but didn't see any tape or stickers anywhere. Will check again. early build 03

Users who are viewing this thread