Rapid drop in rpm between shifts

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
So lately I've noticed the car started to drop rpms rapidly between shifts. I mean under normal driving conditions (at a normal shifting speed) as soon as I put the clutch in the rpms drop off exceptionally fast (like if I just shut the car off) normally they hang a second or two but now they drop almost instantly. Any idea of what this could be? I found that the coupler holding the air filter to my RAI had a tear in it (ordered a new coupler and will have it tomorrow) but not sure if that's a possible culperate? Any ideas? Maybe a vss sensor?

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
The car idled fine however it was having the stall issue quite frequently when coming to a stop and the rpm drop while pushing in the clutch. No other driveability issues. The old coupler was basically torn in half (found that yesterday). I put a new one on today, cleaned the maf, and filter as well. I didn't drive the car much so I'm not sure if it made a difference.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Post an update when you know for sure if the replacement made a difference.

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
I put around 100 miles on the car yesterday. It seems that replacing the torn coupler has fixed my issue. Nice!

Users who are viewing this thread