Rare SVT | SVE | Ford Prototypes Found at the Mustang Memories Car Show

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Rare SVT | SVE | Ford Prototypes Found at the Mustang Memories Car Show

MOCSEM_2023_032.jpg

One of my absolute favorite events to attend every year is the Woodward Dream Cruise (more on that next week) in Detroit, MI. Few places contain more awesome and unique cars of all types than the Motor City, and they all come out for Woodward. To cap off Cruise Week, the Mustang Owner’s Club of Southeast Michigan (“MOCSEM”) put on their annual Mustang Memories car show held at the Ford World Headquarters building.

The Mustang Memories show was extra special this year because it was also a celebration of SVT’s 30th Anniversary. For that occasion, Ford (and several private owners) brought some truly unique vehicles. In attendance was the rarely seen SVE/SVT 5.0 Ranger, the 5.4L Lightning V8 Powered SVT Ranger Thunderbolt, the last Contour SVT ever built, and every flavor of 1993 SVT Mustang Cobra Ford offered. Check out this video with Ford Performance’s Mark Wilson were we cover some of the special rides on display:

Those prototypes were not the only cars we came to see, and we weren’t disappointed. MOCSEM members take their passion for Fords seriously, and it shows in the quality and variety of cars in attendance. Check out some photos we shot on the grounds of Ford HQ:

MOCSEM_2023_001.jpg
MOCSEM_2023_003.jpg
MOCSEM_2023_004.jpg
MOCSEM_2023_005.jpg
MOCSEM_2023_006.jpg
MOCSEM_2023_007.jpg
MOCSEM_2023_008.jpg
MOCSEM_2023_009.jpg
MOCSEM_2023_010.jpg

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Woodward was great this year, the weather was perfect. Capping it off with Mustang Memories. Was a great show. You made up for all the pix I didnt take....

WillyB93

Established Member
Thanks for the photo of the black 1993 cobra, it was nice actually meeting you there this year. Did you happen to get any more group photos of the cobras together?
369165472_6677902772232494_4922917051061135591_n.jpg

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Great pics. I remember the 5.0 ranger. I think Car and Driver did a write up of it. Seemed too crazy to even contemplate at the time.

The Shogun was the other crazy vehicle that I remember from this era, it would be awesome to see one of these again.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Thanks for the photo of the black 1993 cobra, it was nice actually meeting you there this year. Did you happen to get any more group photos of the cobras together?View attachment 1810460

You too. I posted all the best pics I had.

Great pics. I remember the 5.0 ranger. I think Car and Driver did a write up of it. Seemed too crazy to even contemplate at the time.

The Shogun was the other crazy vehicle that I remember from this era, it would be awesome to see one of these again.

I think Jay Leno has one.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Here is a cool video shot there with Dave Dempster, about how far they went with the Lightning Bolt Ranger. I either didnt know, or had forgotten how much went into that truck.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great photos, Travis. So many awesome Ford vehicles. I'm sure you had a blast.

JimCSHO

Established Member
It was a great show and we had a big turnout this year. I'm glad that we (MOCSEM) were back at Ford WHQ again. I was on the parking crew for the club which is perfect duty for seeing all the cars since everyone has to pass by my station.

Users who are viewing this thread