re-port of 2.8 kenne bell

gtmuscle

Established Member
re-port or 2.8 kenne bell

I had my eaton ported with a Stiegemeier stage 5 port about 9 months ago.

I have put approx. 2,200 miles on it since and last week it started making this whistling sound. My tuner took it off and found that the welds in the plate broke and the plate was loose probably causing the noise. We called Stiegemeir and he said to send it backand he would re-port it with the stage 5+ for my troubles. Well the question is should i re-port it with stiegemeier for the shipping and instal cost of maybe $600. send it to POSI for $1,600 or just fork out the cash for a 2.8 KB.

The money is not as much an issue, but it is alot, as do i trust another port. I do not drive it hard and i don't want to be in this position in another 9 months.

any input from peop;le who have re-ported or switched to the KB would help

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Not sure where you got $1,600 if you send it to us but it's only $230 for me to work on that blower and offer a 1 year warranty.

gtmuscle

Established Member
Not sure where you got $1,600 if you send it to us but it's only $230 for me to work on that blower and offer a 1 year warranty.

what type of port will you do, is thatt he race port? sorry, i figured it would just be as much as i paid before at stiegmeier with shipping and putting it back on with a tune.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Race Port, shipping from us back to you is on "good faith" in that if it costs you $28 to ship to us that's the exact amount we charge to ship it back, and the tune should stay really close to what it is now and might not need a re-tune. Still need to dyno and check though.

gtmuscle

Established Member
i will have my shop call you on Monday, to arrange sending it to you.
what do you think the HP and TQ should be with the following mods already installed.
2.76 upper
4# lower
TR6 plugs
60# injectors
2400 maf
O/R magnaflow x pipe

I was thinking of a 2.76 upper and a boost a pump if necessary. car made 535/505 with stegi port.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
You should go ahead and install the bap because you're probably out of fuel now. I can't say how much the car should dyno because all dyno's are different. If you don't see gains though you'll get a refund from the work we do to your blower. What throttle body/plenum combo are you running?

twisted03snake

Established Member
i will have my shop call you on Monday, to arrange sending it to you.
what do you think the HP and TQ should be with the following mods already installed.
2.76 upper
4# lower
TR6 plugs
60# injectors
2400 maf
O/R magnaflow x pipe

I was thinking of a 2.76 upper and a boost a pump if necessary. car made 535/505 with stegi port.

send it to posi and be done with it!!!!!:rockon:
i had your exact mods with my posi port and my car put down 520hp and 546tq.....but again, as Brian stated, all dyno's, cars, and tuners are different. :beer:

gtmuscle

Established Member
You should go ahead and install the bap because you're probably out of fuel now. I can't say how much the car should dyno because all dyno's are different. If you don't see gains though you'll get a refund from the work we do to your blower. What throttle body/plenum combo are you running?

i have the dual accufab single blade throttle body.

also have the fluidyne heat exchanger and JLT ram air cold air kit

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^I would port that Accufab if it isn't now. Send to Stieg or me but whoever does it send the plenum in to have it port matched if it isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread