Ready to buy or build shortblock ADVISE NEEDED

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
Just curious, but why would you spend the extra funds on their crank?

Well, they will give a discount without it ($250 IIRC), but I hadn't decided if I wanted a new one or not. Mine has 150k on it and I am not sure if I should be using that on a 500-600rwhp motor.

allgo90

Established Member
What about Boss 330 Racing?? I heard that they are one of the top 3 builders in the country for shortblocks. I'm looking into it right now..

i run a boss330 racing motor in my car and never had any problems. i have also never heard anything bad about Al. He has the fastest NA 5.4L in the world which is a 97 Cobra...

Aside from building badass motors he is also a top notch guy and a majority of the time if you call the shop he will answer the phone

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I've tried calling multiple times with no answer.. I've also tried to email him with no response.. which sucks.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
i run a boss330 racing motor in my car and never had any problems. i have also never heard anything bad about Al. He has the fastest NA 5.4L in the world which is a 97 Cobra...

Well, that is kinda true. There are two motors that have gone quicker/faster one is a destroked 5.4 and the other is a 4.6 BB.

if you call the shop he will answer the phone
The fact that he is very hard to get in touch with is well documented both here and on corral.

Many of the NMRA factory stock and pure street racers no longer have Al build their motors...I do know that one of the pure street teams switched because his motors were down on power.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Well, they will give a discount without it ($250 IIRC), but I hadn't decided if I wanted a new one or not. Mine has 150k on it and I am not sure if I should be using that on a 500-600rwhp motor.

The stock crank, regardless of miles will work; cranks do not wear out.

Users who are viewing this thread