Real estate question

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
I've got a quick question for realtors or those who invest in real estate. What site(s) do you list on or conversly look at for international property?

I've got waterfront property listed on kijiji etc. and will be making the move to listing with a realtor locally. I'd just like to make sure I can ask the right questions to ensure they are getting the most exposure possible. The property is located in rural Cape Breton and I'm not sure how much experience they will have marketing outside their locality.

Thanks in advance
Mike

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Ask the realtor what methods they will use to market your property. You should always interview a bunch of realtors as you would anyone you are going to hire to do a job. The realtor should be able to describe their marketing plan to you in depth and it should include the way the property will be marketed to the public but more importantly to other realtors who may have clients that would be interested. If it appears that the realtor is not willing to invest any money in marketing your property you should avoid that realtor.

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
Ask the realtor what methods they will use to market your property. You should always interview a bunch of realtors as you would anyone you are going to hire to do a job. The realtor should be able to describe their marketing plan to you in depth and it should include the way the property will be marketed to the public but more importantly to other realtors who may have clients that would be interested. If it appears that the realtor is not willing to invest any money in marketing your property you should avoid that realtor.

This is great advice and I plan on following it.

The challenge will be that there will probably only be 1-2 realtors to choose from who cover a large area. I am hoping to educate myself so that I can better judge their plan.

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
Any realtors on here that can suggest sites that I should make sure are included in their marketing plan?

TorchMach

Established Member
Make sure it's available on nshomeguide.ca anyone looking to buy in this area will use this site.

I'm a Realtor

Obviously I don't know the area but ask about flyers, open houses what exposure the property will receive.

Ruben,

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

Thanks Ruben,

The area is on Cape Breton Island and while the people and culture are great, the economy there is not doing so hot. I doubt that anyone local will be in a position to purchase and build.

These areas are quaint former fishing villages and most younger people have moved away to make their lives. In my opinion it would apeal more to someone who wants to return home upon retiring or someone with a means to have a summer home to enjoy the unspoiled outdoors. This is why I'd like the realtor, I decide to go with, to access broader markets.

Thanks for the info
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread