"real" moonshine

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
My uncle Boyd passed tonight, he was the big moonshiner in the family. The man didn’t have have two nickels to rub together, but was always the happiest person I ever met. He tried to give me one of his old stills on my 13th bday, but mom wasn’t having any of that. He wanted to make sure the family recipe and methods weren’t lost. RIP uncle....

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
RIP Uncle Boyd
f7dac42504e8cccd9bc677cf88fa7e84.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I'm passing thru summersville tomorrow. any suggestions?

dang this is the first time I logged on since Friday. I live about 1.5 hours from Summersville, I could have detoured you to my garage bar for a tasting lol. That's about the only suggestion I could have given you... you don't exactly send strangers knocking on these guys' doors hahaha

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
dang this is the first time I logged on since Friday. I live about 1.5 hours from Summersville, I could have detoured you to my garage bar for a tasting lol. That's about the only suggestion I could have given you... you don't exactly send strangers knocking on these guys' doors hahaha
dang it! thats how it goes sometimes...
well i know for a fact that there is some good apple pie from that area...maybe next time!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

CV355

_
Established Member
After I moved to SC, I had a lot of people ask me to bring moonshine (and Yuengling) to various states. I haven't done it, mainly due to paranoia, avoiding that jibbery-style oinkery and such.

A co-worker of mine filled the trunk of his car with moonshine and drove up to MI with the load, sold it all and made a disgusting profit.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
That is actually not a bad little kit. I see a few places that I would make modifications to, but you would be hard pressed to buy all of that for much less than what that kit sells for. To build that from scratch, I would have alt least $75 in it, and with that kit, you are pretty much done. I would rather have a larger worm box (cooling pot) and longer copper line feeding into it, but that could work well enough. It is really fun to do. It is like a child's chemistry set, but for adults.

04SVTF

Established Member
I've run into several folks out here in SE KY that make their own. Some good. Some bad. I've been wanting to give it a try for a while. Looking at that kit on Amazon has me itchin even more.

Zemedici

Established Member
After I moved to SC, I had a lot of people ask me to bring moonshine (and Yuengling) to various states. I haven't done it, mainly due to paranoia, avoiding that jibbery-style oinkery and such.

A co-worker of mine filled the trunk of his car with moonshine and drove up to MI with the load, sold it all and made a disgusting profit.

more common than you'd think. I have friends always asking me to get some for them.

Problem is bugging my buddies to make it. hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread