REALLY? Say it ain't so!!

03cobraracer

Established Member
The Army has pretty much given up on the One Station Unit Training (OSUT) and seperated the BCT and AIT BDE's.

certain MOS's still do OSUT. i just graduated from osut in june as a MP from leonard wood.

reception was pretty much like in the vid for me, those same ladies even issued me my clothes and cut my hair lol. but once we got on the bus to go to out company and start basic, all hell broke loose and it was non stop craziness for 9 weeks.. my one DS used to be a marine and he treated us just like those DI's in the vid. we got scuffed up everyday but in the end it was all good, now im in Germany at my new unit.

03cobraracer

Established Member
Yea. I was an OSUT Commander then. Go to the first page and read the post I wrote. Also, back then I saw a DS get investigated for "TAPPING" not "Hitting" a Soldier on the kevlar on a BRM range with his paddle because the Soldier did not keep his weapon up and down range. The DS was eventually RTD but the fact that his actions were even questioned was amazing. BTW it was the BN CSM who witnessed this and he was an ex DS!!!!!

wow really? thats crazy.. one kid on the range in my company had a ND the one day and my DS picked him up and body slammed him lol. nobody said shit about it either.

blackfang

Established Member
my one DS used to be a marine and he treated us just like those DI's in the vid. we got scuffed up everyday but in the end it was all good, now im in Germany at my new unit.

Being a MP Drill Sergeant, I was a lot tougher on my Platoons because I was a Marine and spent 8 1/2 years in the Corps than some of the other DS's. I was always scuffing up my platoon for messing up, not doing what was expected/what they were trained on etc. We were better at shooting, better at PT, etc. I demanded more from them. I had less shitbirds, problem children,etc. I talk to a lot of my trainees and one of them is on her third cycle at FLW as a DS.

When the Army went to shooting from the kneeling, my Commander knew I had experience in shooting from the kneeling and knowing I am a damn good shooter he asked if i would teach the Company how to shoot in the kneeling. A few other DS's offered to help me and we had the most first time GO's on the range than any other company in the Brigade.

Users who are viewing this thread