Really second guessing my color choice

jtfx6552

Established Member
I have DIB stripe delete on order.

The pictures in the recent threads have me second guessing that choice.

My problem seems to be that so many other choices look good I can' t decide which I should change to, or of I should stay with my initial choice?

I thiink what I don't like is the dark wheels with no stripes make it look like it is a blue car with dirty wheels.

I guess the front runners to change to are:
Add black stripes to the DIB,
Black stripe delete,
Black with white stripes,
Grey stripe delete,
Grey with red stripes,

So many of the rest look great to me as well, I really wish you could walk onto a lot full of cars and line them up and leave with one.

BrettR

Established Member
I would imagine that any choice is a good one. I ordered the Grabber blue/black stripes because it was my favorite that why i got it. Just be sure its the color you want because you don't want to be stuck with a color you don't want.

farmboy90

Established Member
I've always wanted silver and blue. But the blue stripes on the ford website are too bright for me. I know they are wrong on the site, and they are really sonic blue. Because I was unable to see them in real life, I put in my order for Deep Impact Blue with black stripes.

Now the cars are starting to show up, and I love the dark blue stripes that I am seeing. So I just changed my order to Ingot Silver with Blue Stripes. I don't think I'll be changing it again. It looks exactly like I had hoped.

But I know what you mean about them all looking so good... It has been tough for me to decide (until I saw real pictures of the real stripes).

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Gray with Red is sharp, 1st choice!
Gray with black looks good too.

Silver with Blue would be my 2nd choice.
White with Red 3rd.

DIB is a great color. You cant go wrong with stripes or delete!:beer:

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
Since I'm used to looking at my '11 with the black skirts the '13s look odd to me. The stripes help break up the "fat" look. As someone else already said, these cars beg for stripes. Also, I think that if they're gonna have stripe color coordinated seat inserts then they shouldn't be black seats for black stripes.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I ordered it without stripes. I've got enough ticket machines with stripes. Don't need another.

I don't think the cars need stripes. They look good either way. Obviously some colors better than others. Depends on the look you're going for, but I thought the DIB with the black wheels and no stripes looked pretty bad ass.

BigDan

Established Member
I feel the same way you did after seeing pics of the stripe delete DIB next to SVT's stable of striped 2013's.

It made me want to go look at color combos on Fords site and I was disappointed to see that they no longer offer Black w/ Blue stripes and Black w/ Silver stripes as shown in Ford's Black Swan commercial or any sort of silver stripe.

I'd like to see what Sterling Gray w/ Blue stripe looks like. I think it would look cool and be unique color combo.

I'm also not a fan of the new darker wheel paint that Ford is putting on the PP rims. I liked the color of the 11-12 PP rims when brand new clean but not dirty and that what these new rims look is dirty. If I had the $$$ I'd still get the PP rims but have them re-painted the 11-12 color but with a high gloss so they stay looking show room fresh instead of dulling out like they do.

Your DIB delete might look better with a carbon fiber treatment on the splitter/ rockers and paint all black plastic a gloss black color. That's what I'd do if it was given to me.... Or add 11-12 white PP stripes in the mix :-D

Last edited:

cobra_bill

Established Member
I ordered stripe delete. I can always add stripes later if I decide I want them and I will still have the black seats which I really want.

farmboy90

Established Member
I'd like to see what Sterling Gray w/ Blue stripe looks like. I think it would look cool and be unique color combo.

I am with you here. I was hopeful to see this combo too. But I did see a sterling grey mustang the other day. The grey color has sort of a brown hue to it. So I ruled out Sterling Grey with Blue Stripes right there. Because of that odd brownish hue, that car would only look good with white or black stripes.

Shhhh

Established Member
I ordered it without stripes. I've got enough ticket machines with stripes. Don't need another.

I don't think the cars need stripes. They look good either way. Obviously some colors better than others. Depends on the look you're going for, but I thought the DIB with the black wheels and no stripes looked pretty bad ass.

Agreed. The side stripes kill it for me :shrug:

BigDan

Established Member
But I did see a sterling grey mustang the other day. The grey color has sort of a brown hue to it.

So it looked different then the 2010-11 SG GT500's? I've always been a fan of the color and haven't heard it called brown-ish before.

2010_00058_01.jpg

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
If you can change your order, add the stripes. They are a no cost option, and if you decide you want to go naked, it's easier to remove them then to add them.

As for the wheels looking 'dirty', I couldn't agree more, but that is true regardless of body color.

Myfast70

Established Member

I agree with you. I ordered mine DIB w/PP & stripe delete. I think the non striped cars will be less suspecting to most people. As was mentioned by another member just add them later if you want.

I wish there was a way to order them with the stripes but not install them and just have to put on lat if you wanted. I'm really bummed that you cannot get silver stripes this year. That would probably be the only stripe color the I'd put on my DIB

jtfx6552

Established Member
I've always wanted silver and blue. But the blue stripes on the ford website are too bright for me. I know they are wrong on the site, and they are really sonic blue. Because I was unable to see them in real life, I put in my order for Deep Impact Blue with black stripes.

Now the cars are starting to show up, and I love the dark blue stripes that I am seeing. So I just changed my order to Ingot Silver with Blue Stripes. I don't think I'll be changing it again. It looks exactly like I had hoped.

But I know what you mean about them all looking so good... It has been tough for me to decide (until I saw real pictures of the real stripes).

Did changing the color push back your build date?

I hadn't thought about the ticket aspect of it, good point there. You have probably seen more of these cars in person than anyone else on the board, so I trust that the DIB stripe delete looks good in person, nice to know.

I feel the same way you did after seeing pics of the stripe delete DIB next to SVT's stable of striped 2013's.

It made me want to go look at color combos on Fords site and I was disappointed to see that they no longer offer Black w/ Blue stripes and Black w/ Silver stripes as shown in Ford's Black Swan commercial or any sort of silver stripe.

Several people here have claimed that the "black swan" car at the end of the commercial is in fact black with black stripes. That combo popped into my head after I put up the initial post. I'd like to know for sure if it is Black w Black stripes. Might have to throw that in the mix. I'd like to know for sure what the color change does to an order that has a VIN, is scheduled to the day, but not yet locked. When I changed the color (and added the shaker pro) to the car I found already on order it's build date slipped from 5/21 to 5/28, but I'm not sure that had anything to due with the color change or the adding of the shaker pro as a few people in the thread with build dates that week got pushed back, some to the week of 6-11.

Edit: For those that have had GT500s before, how hard is it to take care of the stripes? Do you just need to make sure you don't touch it with the wax to make sure you don't get a white chalk line on the edge of the stripe?

Last edited:

farmboy90

Established Member
So it looked different then the 2010-11 SG GT500's? I've always been a fan of the color and haven't heard it called brown-ish before.

2010_00058_01.jpg

Yeah. I am not good with colors, but I showed my wife and she immediately said "Oh wow, it has a some brown in it". I could see what she was talking about. I just don't think it would look good with blue stripes. But, white, black, and maybe red would work.

Users who are viewing this thread