Really second guessing my color choice

reason4treason

Established Member
I have DIB stripe delete on order.

The pictures in the recent threads have me second guessing that choice.

My problem seems to be that so many other choices look good I can' t decide which I should change to, or of I should stay with my initial choice?

I thiink what I don't like is the dark wheels with no stripes make it look like it is a blue car with dirty wheels.

I guess the front runners to change to are:
Add black stripes to the DIB,
Black stripe delete,
Black with white stripes,
Grey stripe delete,
Grey with red stripes,

So many of the rest look great to me as well, I really wish you could walk onto a lot full of cars and line them up and leave with one.

don't know if you've seen any Mustang in-person with the DIB, but to me, it's almost irridescent. looking at the vertical surfaces on the rear of the car, it's super dark, like with a tinge in the direction of a half/half combo between dark blue and dark purple. the horizontal surfaces like the trunk lid look blue-blue, and the corners in the sunlight will look much lighter and the metal flake glistens in the sun. to me, the angle you're viewing the various parts of the car at, to some degree affects the hue. i've seen lots of photos of DIB on a '13 GT500 in the last month or so, and I can't notice that multi-tonal quality in any shot the way I do when I'm standing next to the car. they have done an excellent job with that color, whether blue is your flavor of choice or not.

and one of the double-sided side-effects of having to be still waiting for a car that doesn't even have a build date yet is that you do still have time to change your mind. the other side of that coin is that it leaves a lot of time for second guessing. just seeing all of the photos we just got from Atlanta in the past 2 days is more in one fell swoop than all the pix we have seen to date, combined. (no disrespect to DBK's awesome contributions)

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Stick with DIB. That color is absolutely gorgeous and must be seen in person to appreciate. And that's just after looking at it on my dad's Taurus! I would either stay stripeless of get DIB w/White stripes. It will look great either way (but better with the white stripes! :)

txviper

Established Member
Dont worry about it, that blue with smoked lenses and a set of mean looking wheels will be killer. Ive had many blue cars, Vettes, Camaros, Mustangs, and Vipers, and never had any regrets.

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member

My problem seems to be that so many other choices look good I can' t decide which I should change to, or of I should stay with my initial choice?

I thiink what I don't like is the dark wheels with no stripes make it look like it is a blue car with dirty wheels.

I guess the front runners to change to are:
Add black stripes to the DIB,
Black stripe delete,
Black with white stripes,
Grey stripe delete,
Grey with red stripes,

So many of the rest look great to me as well, I really wish you could walk onto a lot full of cars and line them up and leave with one.

Here's my sig. ;)

NY Eleanor

Established Member
I originally wanted DIB, but after seeing it on other vehicles (and hence on 2013 5.0), it's a color that looks great in bright sun but is otherwise highly variable. There's a purple to it as well and IMO it looks better broken up in the large flat horizontal areas (hood/roof) with stripes. Black would have been my choice to be more subtle and white for more attention. If your main goal is the color you want regardless of attention, then anything will work. I think red with black looks awesome, but I had that in the past and is too bold for me now. Go with your gut lest face regrets if it doesn't look great when you finally see it. Like someone said, it's easier to remove than add...

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member

I think what I don't like is the dark wheels with no stripes make it look like it is a blue car with dirty wheels.

I have literally beat myself up over this! I'm going with the DIB like you and I just couldn't decide on the stripe (sounds dumb, but it really was a problem for me) LONG story short I have decided to stick with my initial selection and I'm going with DIB with black stripes. Here is my reasoning (in my head anyway) I think it really depends on your color choice, I would have rather had the non PP wheels but I do want the PP. In my opinion (just some guy on the internet) I think with the darker PP wheels, the best color combo is DIB with black stripes as the hue of DIB works very well with the darker wheels and the black stripe with some tint on the windows only brings it all together. Again that's just me but I finally have agreed on this in my mind and I am ready to pull the trigger I just need my dealer to find me another allocation. As soon as I get that call I'm placing my order.:rockon:

Colleton

Established Member
I ordered SGM w/black stripes and will stick with that as I've been very happy with that combo on my '11. It's perfect for a DD.

FWIW, SGM has no brown component at all. That must have been a very dirty car.

The only other color combos I've seen that I liked were RCM w/black stripes and DIB stripe delete. Well, Black w/black stripes is awesome as well, but I'll never own a black car again.

aso544

Established Member
These cars come in a color other than Black w/ Flat Black Stripes........i had no idea!!!!! : )

jtfx6552

Established Member
I really want my car. I can't decide if I should risk changing the color on my order...I certainly don't want to delay it, but I think I'll have the car awhile, it be nice to have the "right" color.

Last night during the Shelby special on Velocity, they played the "Black Swan" commercial. The Black with Black stripes is calling my name.

I never had a black car before, are they really that hard to keep looking good? This car won't be my daily driver, but I want to drive it often. I don't want a color where I will actually be tempted to drive it less because it might get dirty...

NY Eleanor

Established Member
I never had a black car before, are they really that hard to keep looking good? This car won't be my daily driver, but I want to drive it often. I don't want a color where I will actually be tempted to drive it less because it might get dirty...

I recently owned 3 at once (now 2) but they are metallic, which helps some. I passed mostly on the black GT500 b/c I know non-metallic black will show every bit of dirt, spider web swirl, etc. I'm no longer fanatical but if you think this will be a factor for you, then pass on black.

Florian

Established Member
black looks great....for 5 minutes after you wash it...after that....hoo fah. Youll see all the swirls and spidering of paint in no time. Ive had 3 black cars, never again.

F

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
Yah, color is a hard decision on this cars!

Looking wise my top choices are:
1) Black w/ flat black stripes (tho the car would be ordered w/ white stripes. I just love the white stripped seats!).
2) DIB w/ white stripes
3) Black w/ red stripes (in those pics at Atlanta, man that car looked M E A N).
4) Ingot Silver w/ Red Stripes

But I think at the end, I'll fall for DIB w/ white stripes. Such a classy combination much like old Cobras, Shelbys and Vipers.

I dont know why, but I cant choose Red in this body style. Red is my personal favorite and first choice in cars color. I love my Performance Red New Edge, I love 2002-04 Torch Reds, I like the hue of Race Red but its not my first choice in this body style or at least at the time of owning one. I cant really explain.

speednutz

Established Member
These cars come in a color other than Black w/ Flat Black Stripes........i had no idea!!!!! : )

They do but they are all slower than B on B........ Next fastest is B on Grey.

To the O P do the blue but Black Stripes is the way to go cuz they match the dark wheels of the P Package.

Users who are viewing this thread