really torn on what to do

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
as the title states, I really dont know what to do :shrug:...

mods are in sig with the exception I added a catted x pipe. I have narrowed it down to a few options and want to hear opinions.

1. get a 2.8 pulley, a 100 mm idler and get a custom tune.

2. Stay with the 2.93, add a lower, prob a 4#. Buy a boost a pump along with the mafia I have to put on. Get the 100mm idler, if you guys would think I'd need it. And get the custom tune.

I know the 2nd option will be about 300 more plus the BAP but would it be worth it? This is not a daily driver if that helps at all. Thanks for the help guys, im trying to figure this out and get it done soon :beer:

AaronK

Established Member
Number two looks good... The 4# lower with a BAP and tune would make a pretty good HP increase. If you feel like spending a little more money you can get it ported... I don't think you would notice that much of a differnce just switching to a 2.8 upper... What kind of numbers are you putting down now? jw

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
Number two looks good... The 4# lower with a BAP and tune would make a pretty good HP increase. If you feel like spending a little more money you can get it ported... I don't think you would notice that much of a differnce just switching to a 2.8 upper... What kind of numbers are you putting down now? jw

the blower, tb, and plenum are all ported.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
That's a tough one.. I've never really been sold on the lower.. Mainly because I'm struggling to get 430 tq to the ground. You'll probably pick up additional HP and lay the rest down in tq..
Depends on your long term goals for the car.. Ever thinking of going twin screw?? Go with the supporting mods..

I suppose if i had to choose between the two, i'd reluctantly go with the lower..

If i had some cash that i wanted to spend i'd probably dump that on supporting mods..

Upgraded Clutch
26 spline input shaft
full length sub frames
Cooling mod
IRS Brace
Steering Rack Bushings
Shifter
Gas:??::dw::eek::bs::shrug:

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
The second option is the one that will actually give you the best results. It will cost more to get the bap and lower pulley kit, but the end result would be worth it.

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
Whoa then go for the 4# if you have a H/E or don't do back2back sheit.

I gotta say, either choice, you're in a good decision!

I have a afco dual pass...

and to noel, idk what the plans are exactly, but no twin screw within the near future. I have the steering rack bushings and a few other supspension plus the irs brace already. I plan to do the sub frames next and I already have the clutch and 26 spline in the budget when the stocker goes out. The only thing I dont want to change is the injectors until I go twin screw or I find some help passing smog next year!

Anyone know how much the bap is and roughly how much a lower install runs?

Thanks for the help guys. :beer: :rockon:

Last edited:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
I have a afco dual pass...

and to noel, idk what the plans are exactly, but no twin screw within the near future. I have the steering rack bushings and a few other supspension plus the irs brace already. I plan to do the sub frames next and I already have the clutch and 26 spline in the budget when the stocker goes out. The only thing I dont want to change is the injectors until I go twin screw or I find some help passing smog next year!

Anyone know how much the bap is and roughly how much a lower install runs?

Thanks for the help guys. :beer: :rockon:
Gotcha,

BAP is $248
re: the lower install, hit up Greg@ RET..

BTW i got the whipple on order..:rockon:
I'll have to roll through once i get her installed.:thumbsup:

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
Gotcha,

BAP is $248
re: the lower install, hit up Greg@ RET..

BTW i got the whipple on order..:rockon:
I'll have to roll through once i get her installed.:thumbsup:

hit me up when your gonna get it on. I'm deff gonna be there for that :rockon:

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
last question haha... I've decided to go with the 4# lower, will I need the 100 mm idler? If so what size belt should I go with for the 2.93 upper, 4 pound lower and 100 mm idler vs the stock idlers? and do I need a new alternator pulley or can I stay with stock?

Last edited:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
hit me up when your gonna get it on. I'm deff gonna be there for that :rockon:
I talked to Mike today @ Whipple and they are a touch behind, looks like i'll have it around the 7th of May.. I'll keep you posted.:beer:
last question haha... I've decided to go with the 4# lower, will I need the 100 mm idler? If so what size belt should I go with for the 2.93 upper, 4 pound lower and 100 mm idler vs the stock idlers? and do I need a new alternator pulley or can I stay with stock?

Quick answer is no on the snub idler and alternator pulley but it's relative.. You'll be spinning the blower nicely with your pullied upper & lower ported blower. You'll want to do what you can to avoid belt slip.. That means tight belt wrap, personally if i went with a 4# lower i'd pick up an alternator pulley & a snub idler.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOPZBp7poSo"]Ask Steeda30 about his belt Slip[/ame]

Just curious, if you're going to hang with the eaton a little longer have you considered a stage 5 port? With their new tq plate the're laying down some good numbers.. Of course you'll have to pick a BAP, MAF & 60lbs'er's...

Cobra Bob FTW:rockon:
He has a worksheet with almost every belt config
http://www.stangshiftergaskets.com/belt_selection_guide.htm

Here's another good read for ya from Steg.. Also, take a look at the table unported 2.93/4lbs lower = 40.96% RPM over stock..
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2006/10/BlowerPorting/index.php

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks FAsnakes for posting the link to my belt selection guide.

I agree with the #2 choice. I think you'll be happier in the long run. And if later you want a bit more, swap the 2.93 for a 2.80/2.76 to go with the 4 lb. lower. I'd personally just stick with the 2.93 upper and 4 lb. lower. That is a nice combo with a ported blower. With the 2.93 upper you should be okay without a snub idler IF you use the proper belt size and your tensioner is working properly. Me? I'd go with the snub idler (I'd actually go with a 3-piece idler set) and the new alternator pulley.

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member

I agree with the #2 choice. I think you'll be happier in the long run. And if later you want a bit more, swap the 2.93 for a 2.80/2.76 to go with the 4 lb. lower. I'd personally just stick with the 2.93 upper and 4 lb. lower. That is a nice combo with a ported blower. With the 2.93 upper you should be okay without a snub idler IF you use the proper belt size and your tensioner is working properly. Me? I'd go with the snub idler (I'd actually go with a 3-piece idler set) and the new alternator pulley.

Thanks cobrabob... I looked at your chart and cant find a combo for a 2.93 4# lower, 1 100mm idler with the stock alternator pulley. Any help?

CobraRyan

Banned
With a 4# lower it would be a good idea to swap out the alternator pulley for a 3.2". What kind of port do you have? If you have a steggy port just run a 2.8/4lb and you will be happy. If your goal is to hook up from a dig then i would run a 2.76 upper/stock lower with your ported blower. That combo pulls the best from 5k-6500 and allows alot more traction from a dig than an upper/lower combo.

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member

Thanks for all the help guys. I've decided to pick up the alternator pulley too. Should I get the 2-4 lb one? Is that the 3.2 or the 3.5 cause I need to know that to pick which belt. Also I assume I'm looking at the right thing, its 49$ from lethal. Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread