Rear Control Arm Bushings

Lefty10

....Slow....
Established Member
Anybody replace their upper/lower rear control arm bushings?

Mine are starting to squeak like hell, and the rubber is cracking. The car sits most of the time and only comes out of the garage when it's nice outside. I would love to have the Maximum Motorsports Delrin bushings but those are a *tad* more (by tad I mean a shitload lol) than I'd like to spend.

CJ's Pony Parts is local to me and I was thinking of swinging by and picking these up:

PROTHANE REAR CONTROL ARM BUSHING KIT - IRS COBRA POLYURETHANE 1999-2004 | CJ Pony Parts

Anybody have any opinions on these? Or if you've replaced your rear arm bushings before, which ones did you use? The squeaking is driving me nuts :bash:

~Lefters

snakeraper11b

Established Member
If you don't like squeaking, I wouldn't go with urethane control arm bushings. After the grease gets worn out of the bushings, they will start to squeak. Urethane also tends to bind in control arm type situations. Full Tilt Boogie Racing has superior control arm bushings to MM. They include grease fittings that are tapped into the control arm to aid in longevity, ease of maintenance, and of course, squeak free operation. Don't skimp when it comes to the IRS, you wont be disappointed.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
If you don't like squeaking, I wouldn't go with urethane control arm bushings. After the grease gets worn out of the bushings, they will start to squeak. Urethane also tends to bind in control arm type situations. Full Tilt Boogie Racing has superior control arm bushings to MM. They include grease fittings that are tapped into the control arm to aid in longevity, ease of maintenance, and of course, squeak free operation. Don't skimp when it comes to the IRS, you wont be disappointed.

+1....You will likely hear more people telling you to go with FTBR....I would do the whole kit but I know money can be an issue....Bruce is excellent to deal with.

Great Vids at the FTBR website showing the installation.

Lefty10

....Slow....
Established Member
I had been looking at them awhile back, but like I said...I wasn't hoping to spend an arm and a leg. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and go with FTBR ones.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I had been looking at them awhile back, but like I said...I wasn't hoping to spend an arm and a leg. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and go with FTBR ones.

FTBR is not that much more than others, and the quality is great.

Users who are viewing this thread